Terrarium mess is so annoying! Do you have any mess horror stories?

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I sometimes make a little mess when I am building my terrariums but today, while I had all of my things out to prepare one for a T I noticed in molt (I like to make sure they are ready ahead of time) my CAT jumped up on my workspace standing with her feet all in between everything. (she never has before) I tried to carefully pick her up and she tried to GRAB one of the bigger amac boxes I had in the corner so I let her go a bit so she would release it. She took to moment to KICK everything as she leaped away. Thankfully the big amac box was not knocked over but the small enclosure I was working on was along with a few of the decor things I had out, substrate all over the floor and the cup of water I used for dampening, my microfibre cloth covered in dirt as well. My little tray of bark pieces also scattered everywhere. (not like I could just vacuum the sub since some was damp and I don't want to lose the bark pieces, I take a while to process them)

I know I can not be too mad at her because she was just taking an interest in what I was doing but darn! That was something I did not want to have to tidy- I did not even have my coffee yet.

Have any of you accidentally spilled or knocked over something while working? (I also knocked over an amac box and it cracked. I had backups and ended up cutting one of the intact sides to make a new lid for a converted Beta tank terrarium)

Whiplash Girlchild

Arachnopeon
I don't have a cat, but I have definitely have made a big mess with coco fibre. Nothing that crazy. Once I accidentally knocked a container of a whole rehydrated block, but luckily I put a towel down (learned from past mistakes) so it wasn't that bad.

I had once cleaned out orange sand from an enclosure I had gotten off Craiglist, and that was the most difficult thing...

I tried to dump most of the sand outside and clean it with the hose, but it was stubborn. So I turned up the pressure and the water and sand hit the side of the container and shot right back at me. Still didn't work and I had to wipe the sides with Vinegar. I had orange stains all over my clothes. XD

I don't mind the coco messes, though it is annoying when you almost always can find a pile of it somewhere in my room.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
My horror history was a rehouse of my G. pulchra without a T shirt. Nothing special happened, I was so happy with the enclosure results, until next day...

Almost two month with all my chest covered with itchy bumps... I was so absorted with the vivarium that I forgot the urticating hairs... Never again 😂😂😂😂

Royalty

Arachnoknight
My horror history was a rehouse of my G. pulchra without a T shirt. Nothing special happened, I was so happy with the enclosure results, until next day...

Almost two month with all my chest covered with itchy bumps... I was so absorted with the vivarium that I forgot the urticating hairs... Never again 😂😂😂😂
I have to keep that in mind. I mostly have Old Worlds so I think I might accidentally forget about the hairs sometime when rehousing. I have a G.Pulchra but I only have had to unpack it so far.