Terraristikahamm Expo 11.12.2010 (Germany)

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here are some pictures from the Terraristikahamm Expo:

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome pictures, I would love to keep some of the leaf insects shown unfortunately it is illegal in my country. Thank you for sharing. I love expos.

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you for comments.
Najakeeper sende sagolasin :D

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Absolutely wonderful photos! Thank you for sharing! It looks like there was a fabulous selection of creatures there for people to see and purchase! Not just nice Ts, but some beautiful snakes also!

Marga

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No doubt most of those T's are wild caught. Noone sells a mature P. tigrinawesseli like that CB...

Such a shame.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes they do, in Germany :}.
Actually the writing on the box says that it's a 2,5 year old, captive bred, confirmed female. They are a readily available species over here and prices have dropped dramatically over the last year...
165 euro (around 195 $) is actually pretty steep for a small female.
and of course the brachys cannot be wild caught as they are protected and regularly bred here. I paid 55 euro (around 65 $) for an adult smithi, and thats a regular price.

rabbenco

Arachnopeon
No doubt most of those T's are wild caught. Noone sells a mature P. tigrinawesseli like that CB...

Such a shame.

Not sure what you mean? Females of tigrinawesseli are very common in european collections and that female is even quite pricey... I have sold CB females for 110€

Keep in mind this is europe not the US or Canada:D

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Always wanted to go to this expo, even though I can't bring anything home with me:(

Such an incredible array of creatures. Inverts are pretty rare in the local expos we have here.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer

Such a shame.
Why not? One fat healthy looking P. tigrinawesseli on a table at a show dosen't alarm me as WC. If there was a stack of 20 - 50 beaten up thin P. tigrinawesseli on a table I'd agree, WC.

Id say its more of a shame to see those scorpions and tortoises for sale:(

Later, Tom