Tergite grew back...

aaandyyy5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I had a feeling he was going to molt last night. He had turned a brown color. I wish I could've seen it. He was missing the entire last tergit before the molt. Heres some pics after the molt.

Last edited:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
grew back a tergite (top armor plate) or terminator (last big ass legs)?

aaandyyy5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh Duh. My bad. It was the last leg, not the tergite. Thanks for the correction.

Andy

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
the reason i was curious is because it sort of seems like i read that they CAN regrow the last two tergites... but i am not sure if i am remembering correctly.

i find it interesting that those last two segments are also the sexual segments

aaandyyy5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hmmm.. maybe thats why they can grow back. They must have evolved that way. In the wild, if they can't breed then they are worthless.

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Really cool pics, and glad he grew it back. Man, now if only my Indo Black Tip would get with the program and follow suit. I'm sure he'd be much happier with his fangs! I know I will be! {D

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the reason i was curious is because it sort of seems like i read that they CAN regrow the last two tergites... but i am not sure if i am remembering correctly.

i find it interesting that those last two segments are also the sexual segments

This also wouldn't surprise me, since the rear end sometimes mimics the head.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Really cool pics, and glad he grew it back. Man, now if only my Indo Black Tip would get with the program and follow suit. I'm sure he'd be much happier with his fangs! I know I will be! {D
hee hee {D you and me both!