Temperatures and diffrent species of tarantulas

exdablju

Arachnopeon
Okay i will make this question quick - there are tarantulas, that require pretty low temperatures like parahybana and sazimai (max 26 degrees, 79F). It will be dangerous, if i will keep them in higher temperatures? I mean there is pretty hot summer now in my country and they are sitting in temps like 27,5 - 30C (81-86F). I'm trying to lower the temperatures a bit for them using a fan (it does not hit them directly with air). Should I be worried about this, or they don't mind temps like this? On photo my beginner "collection" :)
sss.jpg

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Spiderlings are always hatched in the warmest times of the year. You have to factor that into determining just how hot it can get in their natural environment. Taking an average overall temperature is not accurate - you would have to determine the temperatures for the the same months that spiderlings are abundant.
Having a fan to create a bit of cooler air should suffice. Placing them down on the ground will also be cooler. Placing the in a dark closet can also help.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I've had temps up to 33°C while keeping those species and they were fine, didn't have to do anything for them beyond basic maintenance (moisten sub/top up water).

I have stuff like M. mesomelas and P. subfusca "Highland" which have coped fine with highs of 29°C since I got them.

The vast majority of species are fine anywhere between 18°C & 35°C

exdablju

Arachnopeon
I've had temps up to 33°C while keeping those species and they were fine, didn't have to do anything for them beyond basic maintenance (moisten sub/top up water).

I have stuff like M. mesomelas and P. subfusca "Highland" which have coped fine with highs of 29°C since I got them.

The vast majority of species are fine anywhere between 18°C & 35°C
Thanks for reply. It's true that keeping spiders which prefers lowers temperauters in higher ones can speed up the growth rate?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Thanks for reply. It's true that keeping spiders which prefers lowers temperauters in higher ones can speed up the growth rate?
That could be said for pretty much any species tbh (you'll get better growth rates keeping your collection at 28°C than 20°C for example), LPs are already fairly fast growers, it's not really going to make a great deal of difference with the slow growth of the P. sazimai. Temperatures are just one of many factors that affect growth rates though.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
I wouldnt keep spiders that do better in lower temps in higher temps just so they can grow faster. No.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Very very few species actually require significantly lower temps. Majority are perfectly fine from upper 60s to low 90s. I wouldn’t worry about it at all, especially those species I keep my P. Sazimai at 82-85 and they are eating great and growing at a reasonable pace

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Very very few species actually require significantly lower temps. Majority are perfectly fine from upper 60s to low 90s. I wouldn’t worry about it at all, especially those species I keep my P. Sazimai at 82-85 and they are eating great and growing at a reasonable pace
I used to keep my spider room at 82 but can not bare working in there in the humid summer haha!!

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Okay i will make this question quick - there are tarantulas, that require pretty low temperatures like parahybana and sazimai (max 26 degrees, 79F). It will be dangerous, if i will keep them in higher temperatures? I mean there is pretty hot summer now in my country and they are sitting in temps like 27,5 - 30C (81-86F). I'm trying to lower the temperatures a bit for them using a fan (it does not hit them directly with air). Should I be worried about this, or they don't mind temps like this? On photo my beginner "collection" :)
View attachment 351696
parahybana and sazimai do not REQUIRE low temperatures. Like Chebe said...very few T's do.

I was referring to the few that DO require low temps or they will perish...species like M. mesomelas....and the answer is NO. You can not keep those species at higher temps for faster growth. They will not flourish.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Pretty much all tarantula species are okay up to mid-80's I'd say but lower 80s are better. Lasiodora and Pterinopelma are fine in these same temperatures like the rest of them.