Temperature Question

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi again, on tuesday i will be getting a giant white kneed tarantula (A.Geniculata). The caresheets suggest temps of 80-85degrees. It will be mostly 73-78 in the room that i keep my spiders in but sometimes it drops to 65 in the nights but comes back up in the day to reasonable temperatures. Think this will be okay for it or do you think i should make extreme efforts to keep the temp high, as room heaters cost alot to run in electricity.

Thanks,

Mark

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
Just get a heat mat, cheap to buy, cheap to run. Thats what i use.

Last edited:

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
You know, one of these days, I really need to go about changing my caresheets around a bit. The information in there won't kill anything, but it's by no means the only way to take care of stuff. 73-78 should be fine. 65 on the other hand may be a bit low, but as long as it's for not so long periods of time and doesn't go down that low quite too often, there should be no problems. Basically I keep all of my T's at room temperature which varies from about 71 to 85 at any given time, depending on the temp outside, whether or not the AC is working inside, etc, etc. Haven't been having any problems with my stuff.

Hope that helps some :)

Scott

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks alot guys, i agree the caresheets provite temps that i figured to be a tad high. I am going out today to look at small room heaters because they arn't too expensive and i can run it when it gets too too cold. The temp will always be above 65 and only drop to 65 in the winter nights but will recover to 72-75 in the day.

Thanks again for your always useful and prompt responces!

Mark