Temperature control question

thesilence

Arachnopeon
It is winter right now, and my home averages around 68 degrees F, I was wondering if it was possible to control a heat mat without a pricey thermostat at the moment (pricey at local shops, so I'm ordering one online). I'm also afraid of the mat overheating the enclosures. Any tips concerning how to control the mats would be appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time:) {D !

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There is no need to do that really. Its a good to have a natural temp drop in the winter. It give some varance to the temps and lets the T know what time of the year it is. They do have cycles that are dictated by seasons. It can be confusing to a T to have a constant 75-80 all year round. Just my two cents.:D

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I agree, theres no need for any suplimental heat unless the temperature is going to be below 65 for a extended amount of time, like for days and days.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I would say more like below 60 for a long time. 65 is still up there...... Ts can handle cold better then people think. When it does get that cold you will see they will use their hide more. But like said already as long as its not in the low 60's for weeks on end everything should be peachy keen.

thesilence

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the info! If you don't mind, I have one more quick question,how cold is too cold? Also these are slings enclosures I'm worried about.:?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
On average, I agree but there are a few more delicate tropical species that extended periods of 60 might be hard on.

thesilence

Arachnopeon
CRAP sorry was replying when you guys already answered my second question before I asked it.. haha wow you guys are fast:clap: Thanks a lot!

thesilence

Arachnopeon
Alright thanks for the info talken and cheetah, all of my answers have been answered. Would of wasted some money and regretted it.