temp ?

Whitdadie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello, I am looking into buying a A. australis from invertepet.com but have a question on temps :?. It is rather cool up here in northern NY (going between 20F-40F) and invertepet will insure it will arive alive above 35F. Does anyone have any idea if the little bugger would die for sure if it was cooler than 35F? Invertepet puts in 2 heat packs and it will be shipped overnight UPS with someone to recieve it on this end. I really dont want to gamble to much here, if you eont think it will make it under the 35F line then i will wait. But I want to get it here as soon as i can! haha. Thanks for the input.
~Adam~

steve055

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Most desert species can handle wide range of temperatures. They are a little more hardy temperture wise then tropical species. I dont think you will have a problom. As long as the box is well insulated and you have 40 hour heat packs you should be fine.

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
A. australis, unlike many other desert species aren't quite so hardy with cold temps. I would NOT recommend it. Be patient. I have had A. australis shipped to me in 35 F temps and they have all, except larger females, been deceased upon arrival. The larger females taking quite a bit of work to regain their movement completely and all males and smaller females having little or no hope at all. With 40 hr heat packs for shipment. I would wait til' the temps exceeded 40 F overnight to be on the safe side of things.

later,
edw.