Tegeneria Domestica?

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
As many of you know I have a "house spider" called Tetchy and since I have had her I have been trying to find out if she is a Tegeneria or an Eratagina (sorry about spelling) we have been having this debate since Christmas when I caught her she was about 3mm leg span then. I was told you couldn't tell without seeing underneath but I still can't tell being a noob lol so could someone with knowledge tell me how I can tell please or even what she is 20210404_213211.jpg 20210404_213221.jpg 20210406_090314.jpg 20210404_211319.jpg
It's hard to get pic's of under her as she webs so much and I only have a phone cam but I hope they are good enough for one of you to be able to tell lol. So if anyone can help please I would appreciate it 🙏🙂

Oswoc

Arachnosquire
Looks like a female. My 'house spider' had huge boxing gloves for pedipalps, even while it was smaller than yours, along with the other signs of being a male (long legs vs small booty). Comparing the two - I'd say yours is female.

Maybe you could set up and male and female spider toilet and see which one it uses instead?

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Thank you for your answer and glad she is a she because I wasn't 100% she was. I just wish I knew what species of spider she was. 😆

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Some pics of her this morning sat proud in her web if it helps 20210413_071036.jpg 20210413_070820.jpg 20210413_070838.jpg
Hopefully someone will know her species lol. She molted last week so she's about 1 3/4 inch leg span now.

Cecelias lair

Arachnosquire
Yours looks a lot like mine except I think mine has more of a stripy pattern on the back. I have no idea on mine though so I'm not much help. 😅

Oswoc

Arachnosquire
Pretty sure its an E. Atrica by the way. Stripes on its head. Although I still get confused with mine. Noticed your from England too - so its defo not a 'hobo spider' as our friends from across the pond might suggest...

How does your family react to you having a spider!? Seems quite rare having these kind of pets in the UK lol

Oswoc

Arachnosquire
'Noble False Widows' are everywhere down here in London, apperently the most 'venemous' spider in England lol. Currently have a baby one about 2cm across... it'll eat anything, and is the hardiest 'pet' by far. 20210115_171957.jpg

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Yours looks a lot like mine except I think mine has more of a stripy pattern on the back. I have no idea on mine though so I'm not much help. 😅
I got sick of trying to research her the more pics I looked at the more confusing it got lol
Pretty sure its an E. Atrica by the way. Stripes on its head. Although I still get confused with mine. Noticed your from England too - so its defo not a 'hobo spider' as our friends from across the pond might suggest...

How does your family react to you having a spider!? Seems quite rare having these kind of pets in the UK lol
They're fine and take an active interest in her she has become a much loved family pet 😁 long story short I wanted to get a t but my son is 7 and autistic so Tetchy was a practice run to see how or if my son would interact with it.... I now have 3 true spiders 2 from here in the uk 1 from the USA (a cricket thief I got with crickets) and my first t should tomorrow hopefully if the weather holds . And yes north uk for me 😊

Cecelias lair

Arachnosquire
IMG_20210413_180621.jpg IMG_20210413_180423.jpg
These are the best pictures I've managed to get of mine so far. He/she is pretty small and I'm bad at taking pictures so they didn't co.e out as good as I wanted. 😅

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
View attachment 381647 View attachment 381648
These are the best pictures I've managed to get of mine so far. He/she is pretty small and I'm bad at taking pictures so they didn't co.e out as good as I wanted. 😅
They are good pics and yours does look like mine the could definitely be the same kind of spiders
Here is the one I kept last year (for comparison)... Adult female
Thank you so much they are 100% the same spider you have settled a 5 month debate in my house so thank you 8 legged 😁 I am extremely grateful (especially because it was me who said Tegeneria 😆)