Teamwork?

Nate-87

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Are there any species of scorp that will co-operate to take down a large (comparatively) prey item?
I'm guessing if there are any, it would be in the centroides...

-Nate

Nungunugu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
As far as I know no scorpions hunt together.
I watched some of my centruroides scorplings sting together in the same cricket, but that was probably because both of them wanted to kill the cricket at the same time. Later they fought about the cricket.

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've seen multiple scorplings take down crickets together, but I don't think that counts as "teamwork"

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have experienced seeing my adult female H. fulvipes tear a dubia roach to pieces and then completely dropped it to feed her 2I brood. Though it is not counted as team work, but I was surprised to see maternal instincts from a scorpion.

jme

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my big female black emp used to feed her little 2instars all the time was cool

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have experienced seeing my adult female H. fulvipes tear a dubia roach to pieces and then completely dropped it to feed her 2I brood. Though it is not counted as team work, but I was surprised to see maternal instincts from a scorpion.
Oh awesome! I've only read about scorpion mothers displaying maternal instincts. I have yet to witness it!

alexi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh awesome! I've only read about scorpion mothers displaying maternal instincts. I have yet to witness it!
Don't all scorpions show limited maternal instincts? Isn't that why they don't kill the babies when they climb on her back (well, most of the time..)? I guess actually feeding them is another level of it, I didn't realize it was so rare though.

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sometimes invertably they grab the same prey and sting it to death together, but then fight for it.

jme

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my baby black emps protect eachother while there molting does that count ?