Tarantulashop

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Due to a forthcoming holiday, we are unable to garantee New orders, and therfor will not be taking orders until Monday 1st April.

just noticed their message on their website but 1st of april is tomorrow which is sunday.

does anybody know if the site will come back online tomorrow on the 1st or on monday (2nd) ?

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well passover is 8 days, In 2007, Pesach will begin at the sunset on April 2nd and will ends at the nightfall on April 10th. If he is closing for passover he probably will be closed untill after the 10th .

Dilbrain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Daniel I have pm'd you Daniel Parker's personal email address, he should be able to tell you when he is open for business again! :D

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Its a religious thing...... I may be wrong but its the time between when Jesus was burried after his crucifixion to the time he was resurrected, or maybe its when his disciples found the stone moved infront of Jesus's tomb and discovered he had been resurrected. ( my parents would kill me if they found out i was kind guessing)

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Its a religious thing...... I may be wrong but its the time between when Jesus was burried after his crucifixion to the time he was resurrected, or maybe its when his disciples found the stone moved infront of Jesus's tomb and discovered he had been resurrected. ( my parents would kill me if they found out i was kind guessing)
Passover is the feast remembering the deliverance of the Children of Israel from bondage in Egypt. Also of note is that it is also the reason Jesus was in that house where he had "the last supper" , the wine and bread of passover was where christianity gets communion. Of note is that Jesus was crucified following passover and easter has nothing to do with Jesus at all. in fact last year Jesus resurection was celebrated about a month before He would have been crucified lol

This has been another relegious moment courtesy of Spiders everywhere. now back to your regular programming.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ha I knew I was mixing something up, I recited easter........ oops... well I never claimed to be a religous person. At least not of the Cathloic faith. Thanks for the lesson. You really do learn something new every day lol.

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
its back on!

thunderthief what did you decide to (or are planning to) order? :)

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've been on 4 times today having a look!!
Im leaning towards either the Megaphobema robustum or Pterinochilus murinus RCF. I quite fancy one of the SF Haplopelma lividums as well.

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hehe let me know what you decide on

im ordering a blondi tomorrow ....finally :D

Dilbrain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hehe let me know what you decide on

im ordering a blondi tomorrow ....finally :D
Good on yer , my little Blondi came from the same batch about 4 months back.
On his 2nd moult already!
:clap:

Dilbrain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've been on 4 times today having a look!!
Im leaning towards either the Megaphobema robustum or Pterinochilus murinus RCF. I quite fancy one of the SF Haplopelma lividums as well.
Ditto , I had a Cobalt Blue and OBT from Daniel a few months back , pure evil !
:D

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just got my little blondi...amazing service from Dan !!! gona go and leave a review now.

thanks for all the help dilbrain :D

Dilbrain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just got my little blondi...amazing service from Dan !!! gona go and leave a review now.

thanks for all the help dilbrain :D
No worries, glad you got the little devil in the end !
Let me know if you have any teething problems ..hehe
:D

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
have you had any moulting problems with yours?

does anybody use that calcium dip that some pet shops sell that you dip the crickets in every now and then?

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They're fast at that size arent they!!! I was really suprised when I got my T. blondi a few weeks ago. And I've just noticed that the abdomen is starting to go dark!!

I still havent decided what to order, I was having a look locally and one of the local shops has 2 juv GBB a Cyclosternum fasciatum and have just got a juv A. versicolour however the prices I was quoted nearly made me spit out my pepsi max!!!

Let me know how you get on with the T. blondi Daniel and I would be interested to see some pics.

Cheers

Mike

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
haha yeh local pet shops love adding huge prices onto some spiders...i was getting told it would be £90 for a 8cm blondi.

as soon as i opened the package and tub the blondi slowly walked into the warm tank and i dropped a small locust in and it took it straight away and went in its cave with it hehe

i will upload some pics when it comes out :)

Dilbrain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
have you had any moulting problems with yours?

does anybody use that calcium dip that some pet shops sell that you dip the crickets in every now and then?

No problems at all, The large Blondi ( 9 inches ) has moulted with no problems and the Juvie is in pre-moult now after 2 successful moults.
I haven't tried the calcium dip, but try to offer a varied diet. In fact about 7 of my 's are in pre moult mode now, I'd better buy a few more this weekend otherwise the locusts will be going to waste..lol