Tarantulas you knew existed but that you didn't know you needed...

Rosie88

Arachnopeon
I didn't even know Psednocnemis brachyramosa existed but now I desperately need one! @SonsofArachne, share some pictures once she starts getting those colors!

@Rosie88, nice! Any pictures? Or are they still the stereotypical "brown slings"?

Thanks,

Arthroverts
They are L2 right now but still really cute, not the usual Mexican terrestrial sling look, I'll make sure to post some updates when they put on a little size. This one I got yesterday so managed to get a pic before they burrowed down
_20191030_231316.JPG

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Pseudhapalopus Sp. ???
Beautiful! Pseudhapalopus sp. "Blue" does seem to be around, but it doesn't look very much like the specimen in the photo. Have you seen these for sale anywhere? Anybody got more information on this species?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Moebius

Arachnopeon
Beautiful! Pseudhapalopus sp. "Blue" does seem to be around, but it doesn't look very much like the specimen in the photo. Have you seen these for sale anywhere? Anybody got more information on this species?

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Tarantula Canada had both, with the colorful yellow/blue species that was going for a high price seemingly sold out recently.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Tarantula Canada had both, with the colorful yellow/blue species that was going for a high price seemingly sold out recently.
Of course they did :rolleyes:. TC always has the stuff we US hobbyists want, ha ha, whether that be amblypygi or tarantulas.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
@SonsofArachne, I actually thought it was a good price. Now, about scrapping that money up...the budget may take more convincing than I can give it right now...

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Moebius

Arachnopeon
I've seen Spidershop over in the UK with those listed as well now that I remember; not sure where the original pairings happened though. Makes me wonder if P. sp. 'Colombia' have similar growth rates to the Pseudohapolopus sp. blues or not (never kept them myself but eyeball them every year).

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Lovely but odd little species. This is my 3.5-4" female, and she's as frustrating as she is pretty. Hard to capture how stunning she really is, the flash makes the blue on the abdomen look black with the iridescence.

20190618_025337.jpg

Smaller species, don't get much larger than 4" I believe. She's a very fussy eater and it's a good day when I can get her to take prey without pestering her to do so. That sounds like a pretty common trend with this species based on what I've heard. Glacially slow growers, I jumped when I saw the opportunity to snag this girl as a 2" confirmed female from Arachnoiden. She costed a pretty penny, but I don't regret it. Around that time I actually saw slings for sale with some regularity, but they may be a bit more scarce right now.

Behavior has been mildly skittish and she will usually try to run and hide, but she's given me a threat posture when I've annoyed her enough. Slings will dig and I gave her a good few inches of slightly dampened substrate, but it's only a recent development that she's dug herself a burrow after she had to stay at a friend's place for a couple weeks while my place was being sprayed for pests.

This is her relatively fresh out of a molt. I'm actually pretty certain the specimen pictured in the earlier post either has the saturation ramped up or it's a different species altogether. P. sp. Blue doesn't get that orange.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
I've decided that I basically need a GBB. They were pretty far down my need list, under N. chromatus and L. parahybana but I've been won over easily by the colours and webbing.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Can't remember if it's already been mentioned but I just discovered Haploclastus Devamatha and think it should be added to the list

Moebius

Arachnopeon
Can't remember if it's already been mentioned but I just discovered Haploclastus Devamatha and think it should be added to the list
I preferred their old name, but they're one of my "bucket list" species too, pet holes or no. I've heard the females eventually lose that iridescent coloration into a nice and glossy black, but for me that's still a draw; we get velvety black Ts quite a bit, but glossy? Not so much. Maybe someone on the boards with an older female can toss a pic/confirm as I've seen some make the rounds in search engines.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
She's a very fussy eater and it's a good day when I can get her to take prey without pestering her to do so. That sounds like a pretty common trend with this species based on what I've heard
I've have two P. sp. columbia slings - one is a voracious eater, I can't barely get a roach in it's enclosure before it gets dragged down the burrow; the other is little shy but when I leave a roach it's gone by the time I come back around to look.
What do you feed yours? Maybe she doesn't like what you're giving her? Or could it be a difference between blue and columbia?

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I've have two P. sp. columbia slings - one is a voracious eater, I can't barely get a roach in it's enclosure before it gets dragged down the burrow; the other is little shy but when I leave a roach it's gone by the time I come back around to look.
What do you feed yours? Maybe she doesn't like what you're giving her? Or could it be a difference between blue and columbia?
I'll alternate between crix and superworms with varying amounts of success, so it really just seems she isn't a crazy voracious eater. A lot of the time I do have to leave a cricket in overnight to get her to bite, but I'd say even then she only eats maybe 50% of the times I offer, and I attempt feeding her on a more sparse schedule than the rest of my Ts.

It could just be a difference between species, however the word "burrow" makes me wonder - I've fed her once since she finally made a burrow, and it's literally the first time I've witnessed her jump on a food item like that. I'm curious to see if there'll be a repeat performance and if having her burrow will lead to her having a better appetite, if it makes her feel more secure in her setup.

WheelbarrowTim

Arachnopeon
Harpactira gigas
Psalmopoeus victorii
Phormingochilus sp. sabah blue
Every uncommon Harpactira and Phormictopus
Thrixopelma lagunas

I need a at least a few of each, but I know it will not happen for a while.
Psalmopeus victorii is one of the highest on my list of desired Ts right now. I've never been so visually drawn to a T before