tarantulas produce silk from their feet!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya that was a cool article I read that about 5-6 months ago, its suspected they can gives them extra traction while scaling things. They have been finding trace ammounts of silk leaving little footprints if you will.

Mallard

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the post. This is the first time I have heard of this. Let us know if you come across a follow up article.
Jason

SavageDigital

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The Smithsonian Magazine did a reference article about the finding in their "Wild Things" section this past December (which I shot the photo for).

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, that is very interesting to know. Now when my two CRZ's get bigger I know I will be starring at their feet when they are hanging onto the side's of their tanks...lol.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Wow, that is very interesting to know. Now when my two CRZ's get bigger I know I will be starring at their feet when they are hanging onto the side's of their tanks...lol.
if you house them right you wont be seeing them hanging on the side of the tank lol

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if you house them right you wont be seeing them hanging on the side of the tank lol
Not true. I have several burrowers now that get on the sides after I mist their enclosures. Both of my seemani's like to get on the sides now to drink, and after a meal. I know they will probably just drink from the water dish when larger, but I am sure every now and then they will hang out on the sides...and when they do...I will be waiting...lol. {D