Tarantulas On Discovery Channel NOW!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey everyone!

its 8pm Central time, and on Discovery there's an hour-long show called BUILT FOR THE KILL and there's some real cool T parts (there was a real nice blondi walking around!).

I know we post this once in a while, and in case any one can catch it, it's on now untill 9pm central.

I can't tape it either.
I guess this series follows a couple animals in diff ecosystems. I keep seeing spiders, so it's cool with me!

alright,in case anyone cares!
peace
dave

NightCrawler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Damn it to H... that i live i Denmark cus Discoveryeurope don't have any programs during the night :mad:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So the shows over now, and it was pretty good!!

It was all about the T.blondi as a hunter. They had a showdown between a fer de lance (really really venomous snake) and the blondi. Long story short, they snake went into the T's burrow, and the T struck the fer de lance and ate it. 17 hours it took to eat that 5 foot snake!

crazy crazy crazy! Then the showed the T dragging about 6 inches os snake skin out of the burrow.

They were pretty on the dot with the T info, explaing webbing methods and normal eating methods. The show also talked about the setae and had some WICKED shots of the T eating. I mean, the camera was really between the chelicerae!

anyways, check out the show if you can, when it repeats! I want to go feed my blondi now :)

peace
dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ah ni talar dansk, saaa!
kanske i morgon?

maybe they're show it on an affiliate show over there? It's actually from the BBC apparently (from the credits), so who knows.

anyways
good luck
har det bra!

dave

NightCrawler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I hope they send the show over here at some time cus it sounds like its darn good :)

Btw how big is your Blondi?

Men hygge derovre i staterne og den lille ø :)

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
are you sure it was the discovery channel because "built for the kill" comes on the national geographic channel here. I've seen that one though. I wish there were more shows on t's. there far more interesting than dogs or cats or even snakes for that matter. I wonder if a bunch of people wrote to the discovery channel and told them to put more tarantula shows on if they would do it. Have you ever seen those "ultimate guide" shows they should do one of those on T's

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thats the only one ive seen with tarantulas on it and thats only about 5 min, but there was a show on the discovery channel a month or so ago it had nigel marvin on it and it was half about bears and the other half was about tarantulas mostly T. blondi but I believe there was a pink toe and a skeloton tarantula on ther too