Tarantulas in East Tennessee

flamesbane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey, there is a group on facebook for tarantula keepers in Middle TN, but we would love to have anyone from TN join! We want to one day have meetings in Nashville, but as of right now we are online only so feel free to join! Just search Middle Tennessee Tarantula Group.

TreMul

Arachnopeon
New user here and I see that this thread is a few years old, but I'm also in Crossville. Anyone else here in East TN?

Seekeroftruth

Arachnopeon
Im from east tn an I've not found any tarantula community here. I would have two drive out of state to get to the nearest tarantula vendor, which is far closer than nashville. One pet store here in knoxville sells a avics. Ive never seen any other tarantulas sold at any store or breeder. Here and there you might find something on craigslist, mostly common unsexed adults.

TreMul

Arachnopeon
Im from east tn an I've not found any tarantula community here. I would have two drive out of state to get to the nearest tarantula vendor, which is far closer than nashville. One pet store here in knoxville sells a avics. Ive never seen any other tarantulas sold at any store or breeder. Here and there you might find something on craigslist, mostly common unsexed adults.
There's a really good place in Nashville...The Aquatic Critter. The last people I knew apparently moved away.

Seekeroftruth

Arachnopeon
Ashville Wildside is in North Carolina. It's 1 hour 49 minutes ($10.30 gas) from knoxville so 4 hours $20.60 round trip. If you have a day free its cheaper than the 50$ shipping. I wish there was more incentive to buy locally. We need to get some people breeding T's in East tn. United States breeding in general is not enough to support our hobby. There's a big community in California and breeders. The cost of shipping is usually 45- 50 dollars whether you get buy the Ts from California or somewhat closer. I would like to see some conventions in knoxville. As many breeders are in north carolina, south carolina and some community in nashville, it seems like that would be a thing but maybe they don't think there's enough of a demand here to do such a thing. Tarantulas are becoming more popular with the internet and such so maybe this will change over time. Here in a few years i intend to start breeding.

TreMul

Arachnopeon
Unfortunately, every time I go to Asheville I end up bar hopping🤷🏼‍♂️
Also, I live between Knoxville and Nashville so it's closer to 4 hours one way for me. There are a few local pet shops that carry minimal T's but certainly not alot.

Seekeroftruth

Arachnopeon
Oh i see. For some reason i thought crossville was just north of us. Ive only been in tn for about 6 years. :/ there seem to be a decent amount of tarantula keepers in middle tn for not having breeders there. There is a fb group for middle tn keepers.

TreMul

Arachnopeon
Oh i see. For some reason i thought crossville was just north of us. Ive only been in tn for about 6 years. :/ there seem to be a decent amount of tarantula keepers in middle tn for not having breeders there. There is a fb group for middle tn keepers.
I don't have Facebook :-(

inlovewithaversicolor

Arachnopeon
Howdy,
im in johnson city. im a vetern looking for a place while in the meantime im preparing for a c. versicolor couple with high hopes everything works out.
Please reach out would like to connect.

TreMul

Arachnopeon
Howdy,
im in johnson city. im a vetern looking for a place while in the meantime im preparing for a c. versicolor couple with high hopes everything works out.
Please reach out would like to connect.
I just lost my c. versicolor. :-( However, I'll keep an ear open for you!