Tarantulas don't have red blood, guys.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
This is just a clarification thread for people new to the hobby. Sometimes I see a thread in which the poster says they think they see their tarantula bleeding and it looks like a red bloodbath. Sometimes they see a what looks like a red scar or scab and they freak out. Guys, tarantula blood isn't red. It's clear, like water. If you see what looks like red human blood, then you'd better make sure you're not having a "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" scenario going on because apparently a tiny human was massacred by your tarantula. Tarantula blood isn't red.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Sometimes I see a thread in which the poster says they think they see their tarantula bleeding and it looks like a red bloodbath.
I'm guessing maybe the moulting itself was witnessed. Seeing a pale grey/white legged creature emerge with red around its new white fangs might have appeared grisly to the uninitiated.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
This is just a clarification thread for people new to the hobby. Sometimes I see a thread in which the poster says they think they see their tarantula bleeding and it looks like a red bloodbath. Sometimes they see a what looks like a red scar or scab and they freak out. Guys, tarantula blood isn't red. It's clear, like water. If you see what looks like red human blood, then you'd better make sure you're not having a "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" scenario going on because apparently a tiny human was massacred by your tarantula. Tarantula blood isn't red.
Is this a thing? Is there an epidemic of posts where people have claimed this? :confused:

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
Is this a thing? Is there an epidemic of posts where people have claimed this? :confused:
There is actually this post here I found where a guy cut his tarantula open (its only a picture) and he claimed it was already dead via mites, he was only curious and wanted to see what was inside. NO blood, though it is VERY GRAPHIC LIKE OMG DONT CLICK IF YOU DONT WANT TO SEE A TARANTULA WIDE OPEN http://clicktoclimax.blogspot.com/2006/10/tarantula-caramella-this-ones-orgasmic.html

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Where are the people claiming this? I went looking and couldn't find anything. It's referred to in plural form suggesting many people are at least inquiring. I'm really glad you are here to educate the masses of uninformed.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Where are the people claiming this? I went looking and couldn't find anything. It's referred to in plural form suggesting many people are at least inquiring. I'm really glad you are here to educate the masses of uninformed.
It's in relation to a thread made yesterday or the day before in which the aftermath of a moult looked quite macabre to the OP and they thought something was wrong with their T as a result.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I really need that "meh" rating. :meh:
I've seen one case of this "epidemic" in my entire time on arachnoboards.

Deb60

Arachnosquire
There is actually this post here I found where a guy cut his tarantula open (its only a picture) and he claimed it was already dead via mites, he was only curious and wanted to see what was inside. NO blood, though it is VERY GRAPHIC LIKE OMG DONT CLICK IF YOU DONT WANT TO SEE A TARANTULA WIDE OPEN http://clicktoclimax.blogspot.com/2006/10/tarantula-caramella-this-ones-orgasmic.html
Well that's put me of my dinner , mites are a pain in the butt , if it's not spider mites it's Birds or snake mites !

AshS

Arachnosquire
Or haemolymph (if you're a pedant like me and use the English rather than the American spelling) :p
Haha thanks Grym. You know the funny thing is I wasn't sure if the spelling so I googled it, and still ended up wrong. :rofl: