• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Tarantulas.com (www.tarantulas.com)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Tarantulas.com

Positive

I met Alex at the reptile show last weekend in Hillsboro Oregon. I bought a female adult G pulchra from him, she is in PERFECT shape. It was a pleasure talking to Alex, and he had very good prices. Since I bought in person, I don't know about his packing, but I would suspect that it's just as good as his quality spiders.
I would not hesitate to order from him, and look forward to doing so in the future.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Positive

I've done business with Alex for years and he's great. Always friendly and knowledgeable about his animals. He offers good deals at shows, too. I've always done business face to face with him so I don't know about the quality of his shipping, but as much as he cares about his spiders, I can't imagine it being any less than superb.

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Positive

shocking that there are only two reivews?

where do i begin,

I have bought spiders through Dan Ventura.
their prices are very competitive and lots of interesting spiders. From talking to him on the phone I did not realize how long tarantulas.com has been around importing and selling inverts. Dan's cell phone is on their ad for a reason, he will answer anytime you call him and I've had numerous chats regarding tarantulas. Their shipping is excellent, I have ordered during the period when it was quite cold here and the spiders came in alive and healthy, well packed. One unfortunate event was when a spider arrived with a broken leg (courier service reason) but still alive, which was replaced right away next day free of charge eventhough the spider was not DOA.

the best thing i like about these guys, is that they are big enough where if they bring in a certain lot of new species they will actually send it off to a proper taxonomist while holding off selling anything unidentified to the public before it gets ID'd. I think that is very responsible for the hobby.

I have already recommended their service to another hobbyist and I will be purchasing from them again soon.

to recap:
1. good prices
2. excellent shipping
3. highly knowledgeable and experienced
4. easy to reach and friendly customer service

thanks guys,

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
dans a great guy and i wouldnt hesitate doing buisness with him again.he knows his stuff.:D

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
POSITIVE

This was my first purchase of livestock from an online dealer, I purchased 3 Asian scorps. I contacted Dan Ventura via email several times prior to submitting my order, during, and after the order. Dan was always respondent, very quick in responding also. When I finally submitted my order I asked Dan to delay my shipping for 1 week and he was very compliant. From door to door, from WA to OH the scorps traveled only 15 hours, it's winter here and the temps outside are 20's - 30's F, the temps inside the box were ideal for tropical scorps (the heat packs were still warm). All 3 scorps were healthy, lively and huge.

Thanks for a wonderful experience. Thaedion

reptist

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
++++++positive++++++++

I just purchased some stock from Dan and Alex and the whole trans was verry professional and friendly, some online dealers are kinda flakey when dealing w/ other online dealers, and treat you as though they are above you in some way, NOT THE CASE W/ THESE GUYS, real dealers w/ a real concern and genuine enthusiasium for the hobby and the bugs, a welcome change from alot of online dealers I have worked with, stock was A to A+, shipping was flawless, and again I cant stress enough how nice it was to do buisness with pros who dont put all their energy into making sure everyone recognizes them as such!!!! PEACE guys and I'll be talking w/ you again, thanks for being real, B.

BPruett

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Positive

Just finished another deal with Dan Ventura. The deal went very smooth and I plan on doing allot more buisness with tarantulas.com.

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have done two separate transactions through Dan so far this year and everything went quite well. The first transaction was actually during fairly cold February weather and the spider arrived still snugly warm in the box and ready to explore outside of it's transport cup. I would not hesitate to order again in the future (budget willing) :)

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
A++++++

Dan's the man
great deal and a bootload of freebies ...what else can I say...my hat's off to ya Dan

tacomadiver

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Positive A+

I have purchased from them twice, both times at shows here in WA. They have been very helpful and friendly. When I emailed Dan on a Friday night, he got back to me on Sunday appologizing for the delay! I absolutely recommend them to anyone!
Chris

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
positive

i will repeat that...

Dan is the man

i got a kickass deal and some freebies on top of that! again good communication and great packaging.

thank you

davegrimm1

theinvertshop.com
Old Timer
trade - possative!!!

I just finished a trade with Dan , I am impressed with the size and beauty of the T's that I recieved. I sent him 3000 roaches and got a nice trade in return. I will not hesitate to trade or purchase with them again.

Thanks for the drop dead gorgeous T's!!!

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Positive

Wow I can not believe that I have not posted a review on these guys. So where to start. I have spent, thousands and thousand on these guys. Top notch dealer with top notch spiders.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Positive

Positive!

My local group of bug enthusiasts got together to take advantage of a very god price on a group of 25 Poecilotheria striata spiderlings i saw advertised on the boards

I was in contact with Dan Ventura most (if not all) of the time and he was very good about communications... there was a little email hiccup and he took the initiative of contacting me through arachnoboards' PM system.

The packaging was very good, with all spiderlings arriving looking very healthy and quick :) A safety margin overcount was provided and not needed :D

Packaging: Very Good
Value: Excellent
Communication: Excellent

I am VERY EAGER to do biz with tarantulas.com again and hope to soon! THANKS AGAIN TARANTULAS.COM

davegrimm1

theinvertshop.com
Old Timer
Another great trade!!!

Dan and I just completed another trade and I am again impressed with the quality of his stock. Everything went very smooth including great comunication and shipping exactly when he said he would. And again, thanks for another batch of gorgeous T's.

I forgot to mention, a few extra t's for good measure.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Never think about buying anywhere else!

Dan is the man what can I say. He gave me the chance to mate a mature pair of Brachypelma baumgarteni. They arrived in perfect condition, and I am very excited to have the chance to breed these guys. Thanks again man. I will be stockpiling money for the next time you have something like this laying around! :clap:

Last edited:

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
MICHAEL JACOBI (Tarantulas.com)

Just wanted to let you know that all species arrived safe and sound!
In addition to that they all appear to be VERY healthy specimens! I
can't thank you enough for your fast delivery and your 100% customer
satisfaction! I would DEFINITELY do business with you in the future! Thanks again! :D

kiffnie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
positive!!!

Just finished unpacking my order from Michael Jacobi at tarantulas.com. The packaging job was top notch, it is clear that he knows his business. All 90 little buggers were active, alert, and healthy. Will check with him first when I am shopping for tarantulas next time.

jeff15

Arachnopeon
Tarantulas.com

I just received a Gooty and a Green bottle blue great to do business with great packaging all arrived Healthy and happy WOW:clap: