Tarantulas being shipped around 9-10:30 and having class at 10-10:50

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Question, I'm having some tarantulas shipped to local FedEx center tomorrow and I didn't expect it to come as late as 10:30 (usually comes around 9 or so). I have class from 10-10:50 and I'm nervous about the tarantulas not making it (even though it'll be only an hour or so max), would it be alright for them to wait a little bit at the center? I can try leaving early as well, but there isn't any guarantees. What's your opinion?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Question, I'm having some tarantulas shipped to local FedEx center tomorrow and I didn't expect it to come as late as 10:30 (usually comes around 9 or so). I have class from 10-10:50 and I'm nervous about the tarantulas not making it (even though it'll be only an hour or so max), would it be alright for them to wait a little bit at the center? I can try leaving early as well, but there isn't any guarantees. What's your opinion?
Sure IF

1. You have LAG and the time they remain at the FedEx facility is w/in your shippers LAG policy, if not, I'd be skipping class.

If you don't have LAG, then it doesn't matter.

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
I doubt that extra time would kill them if they weren't already dead, but hey anything is possible. What'd you order? :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I doubt that extra time would kill them if they weren't already dead, but hey anything is possible. What'd you order? :)
It won't, I haven't always been able to open Ts right away upon receiving them.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Sure IF

1. You have LAG and the time they remain at the FedEx facility is w/in your shippers LAG policy, if not, I'd be skipping class.

If you don't have LAG, then it doesn't matter.
LAG is applicable, I have 5 hours to tell them if anything happened.

Haha that's what I'm thinking, I'm just paranoid lol

2 Pamphobeteus antinous and 2 Pamphobeteus sp. 'Goliath/Santa Domingo Goliath'

Last edited:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
@viper69 is spot on. If the box was sitting in the sun, then yes, that's a problem. But circumstances have forced me to leave a package of slings at the post office about two days in the last. They're in air-conditioning... they'll be fine.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
All turned out to be fine and even, quite literally, jumped out at me! Haha.

image.jpeg

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Yup! The P. antinous are too, I'm surprised that they look more like my X. intermedia than my other Pamphos.
I'm not sure which Pamphobeteus it is but all of them except one have that abdomen Christmas tree.... Here's my Pamphobeteus platyomma looks just like yours lol