tarantulas as spirit familiars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daesu

Arachnopeon
I seem to play the Binding of Issac better when i play it in the T room, it must be the tarantula aura...

mephisto13

Arachnosquire
I seem to play the Binding of Issac better when i play it in the T room, it must be the tarantula aura...
Yes...the artist Salvador dali said one should have spiders in their studio to promote creativity...and I feel weird if im away from my spiders for a long time like a few days....so yeah ...they give off a strong vibe

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I worship the Euathlus Sp. red. Not to spoil anything, but the P. muticus is just keeping the throne warm for the Euathlus Sp. red. They walk around like royalty.

0.1 Euathlus Sp. red=the real goddess
Heretic!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
I worship the Euathlus Sp. red. Not to spoil anything, but the P. muticus is just keeping the throne warm for the Euathlus Sp. red. They walk around like royalty.

0.1 Euathlus Sp. red=the real goddess
Sad for your lost soul. You'll come around, soon, dont worry. Euathlus Sp. red is merely a court jester that entertains the Goddess as payment for not being consumed.

Personally, I believe spiders are the sacred conduits and vessels of the spirits of destruction and chaos, while the moths are the vessels of creation and order, and the bees are the vessels of those who preserve and harmonize both destruction and creation. The essence within is the same essence within all living beings, however, the three totems are the most sacred forms of life within our world vessel. Anything that which is physical, is a vessel to that which is meta-physical. Vessels which contain neurons and blood are those which contain the essence of divinity. Divinity is not good, nor evil. divinity merely creates, or destroys. That which divinity creates, preserves either creation or destruction. This is the universal law.

There was nothing other-worldly about jesus, who lived in the vessel of man. There is nothing other-worldly about any religion, as they all stem from the mind of man.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Shouldn't there be a distinct forum for flaky posts with even flakier replies in 15 month old threads?

Beedrill

Arachnoknight
Well returning to the OP's question, I don't personally find that a spiritual connection to tarantulas is all that unusual. Spiders have had mystical and spiritual significance to many cultures throughout human history. The qualities of tarantulas that we consider "otherworldly" are just so different to what we as humans know, that we perceive them as fascinating and bizarre. I think that it is all deep seated in our psychological nature of curiosity and learning. As well as the desire to know our origins. If you sit down and really think about the fact that the tarantula a few feet away from you in a plastic box on a book shelf is almost the same as its several million old ancestors... it's incredible!

As far as what a tarantula must think. While I, as a member of the scientific community, have great objection with assigning animals with or without the ability to think and feel, I do think that certain groups of animals are very limited in what they can think and feel. We have only begun to scratch the surface of brain science and we certainly don't have a good enough understanding to know what most creatures think. That being said, I do think that tarantulas think very little in that they respond to stimuli, but do not comprehend or perceive their surroundings. I could be wrong of coarse.

In my case, I find that sitting down and staring at my tarantulas is quite relaxing. I like to compare keeping exotics in general to gardening. The satisfaction you get from keeping a strange and exotic creature in an enclosed environment and watching it thrive is very strong. And I would certainly say that I grow deeply attached to any pet that I have because I have volunteered to be their guardian and protector until the day they die and I enjoy their presence.

Ultimately, I think that this post is intriguing if nothing else. I think that some people simply see things, particularly the unusual, weird, and strange creatures around us, differently than the rest of the world. That is what makes them so special in my opinion.

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
I was wandering if any one else feels a strange spiritual connection with these other worldly creature's. ...I often find my self staring at them wandering if they hold some type of psycic manipulative power over me.....I like small spaces feel stressed out by large groups of people and like a darkly lit room...as though I'm becoming the spider........lol....I think what makes them so cool is they are so UN human...unlike a dog who is much like a person..it feels emotions its happy when we are happy....but a tarantula has this uncanny chaotic vibe ...I wander what they think about...I beleave they do.....perhaps they plot to take over the world .......who knows but I feel a strange connection to them spiritually...perhaps they are like cthulu....who manipulates the mass of humanity in dreams...this is the stuff I think about ..just wandering if any one else feels the same...perhaps we should start a religion and worship a giant golden spider god...ok yeah I'm going to far but none the less its cool to think about...lol....just wondering if any one else thinks of there t's in this manner...
Negative. Don’t get me wrong. They are fascinating creatures otherwise I wouldn’t have them. I mean, regrowing appendages, spinning silk,etc. All wonderful and fantastic. But again, no.

JayMc

Arachnopeon
And yet with strange eons...even death may die..was that not Can I play with madness,Iron Maiden.I hear you but erm ....no.We..us and them unfortunatly are the only atoms that can contemplate atoms,and so manipulate others.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
And yet with strange eons...even death may die..
While I like Maiden too, unfortunately they weren't the first ones to say that phrase. H.P. Lovecraft deserves that credit, saying the phrases in the short stories "The Call of Cthulhu" and "The Nameless City."

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I was wandering if any one else feels a strange spiritual connection with these other worldly creature's. ...I often find my self staring at them wandering if they hold some type of psycic manipulative power over me.....I like small spaces feel stressed out by large groups of people and like a darkly lit room...as though I'm becoming the spider........lol....I think what makes them so cool is they are so UN human...unlike a dog who is much like a person..it feels emotions its happy when we are happy....but a tarantula has this uncanny chaotic vibe ...I wander what they think about...I beleave they do.....perhaps they plot to take over the world .......who knows but I feel a strange connection to them spiritually...perhaps they are like cthulu....who manipulates the mass of humanity in dreams...this is the stuff I think about ..just wandering if any one else feels the same...perhaps we should start a religion and worship a giant golden spider god...ok yeah I'm going to far but none the less its cool to think about...lol....just wondering if any one else thinks of there t's in this manner...
I’ve had nightmares of them attacking and eating each other, or dying . If you consider that a connection?
I’m.afraid of them dying or escaping!!!

I’m not going to warship a spider god , and that new Spider-Man actor is annoying.:alien
You sound like you had to much herb or vodka haha hurray :cigar:
We’re the op ? Is the thread defunct?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.