The OFFICIAL YouTube thread for tarantula care and husbandry channels

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
What are you doing?!?!? Accents are an instant boost on youtube :happy: But in all seriousness, with all the youtubes who do have accents, we live in an age where most accents are understood, because we probably are already subscribed to someone with a similar one :p
You may be onto something but trust me. 18 years here on/off and I still struggle in some places in Glasgow. :rofl:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
ahahah I am surprised. You are only a few hundred miles away. I love the Northern accent. Barnsley man, hilarious.. I wish the folk across the water the luck :rofl:

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
If I had more in my collection I definitely would make tarantula videos. My favorite tarantula YouTubers right now are "The Dark Den" and "Tom Moran".

HybridReplicate

Spectrostatic
Due to two epic threads in the last 24 hours we're all aware of the two YTers who maintain large collections but whose husbandry techniques some people find questionable.

Luckily in thesebthreads I discovered a channel I didn't know existed that's actually pretty fantastic, so I figured rather than hating on folks we could share a few favorites that we think are fun & informative & provide good husbandry.

I'll start:

The Dark Den, a dude from Croatia whose enthusiasm is infectious & enclosures are awesome! Video quality & videography are great, I've watched everything, a few of the DIY vids twice. Apparently he's somewhere around here. He also rides a bike to town. In winter.

AraneAid
by our very own @EulersK is the one good thing that happened to me today, I've been watching & I've already learned a ton. Random fact, he has tattooed legs. Plus the PBUH dude approves, so go watch!

TarantulaSam
has twenty or so videos that are all enjoyable & he has some good tips & DIY enclosure videos. He looks to be sixteen, but there's a college degree on the wall in one of his videos so clearly we've got tarantula lovin' Doogie Howser on our hands.

Next?

EDIT: Updated with suggestions, discovered some great new channels! I'll try to keep up!

The Spiderman

Basin79

Tom Big Spiders

Precarious333
(not really Ts, but mantises, still worth a look!)

TarantulaAddict

Sturmy76

EDIT2:

World of Spiders

Tarantupedia™

WestCoastArachnids

Stephanie Bugmom

Greg Rice

The Tarantula Chronicles

Tarantulas.dk

Glitterwalk333

Last edited:

Grenn

Arachnopeon
Those 3 are my favourites as well. I especially like Petko's videos - the time he puts into setup and editing to get a good level of quality makes them hugely more enjoyable for me. New video due today!

There are many other channels I dip into but I find a lot of them frustrating to watch because of poor editing (or none at all), weird breathing sounds, poor lighting, poor sound, shaky-handheld footage. etc. I also cringe when it seems like the author is overly coercing their creatures for the benefit of the camera (either nudging hiding spiders out into the open, or repeatedly attempting to feed when clearly not hungry, etc.).

I get that there is a place on Youtube for the homemade, no-frills, straight from phone-cam documentation of people's lives and interests but a bit of thoughtful editing wouldn't go amiss!

That said, I think Basin79's vids are the exception -- no frills but completely charming and I always enjoy his commentary. (Even if he is from the wrong side of the Pennines ;))

HybridReplicate

Spectrostatic
Who's the PBUH dude?
There's Roman numerals in his name, refers often to a goddess, although I'm not certain which one, followed by PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her). Maybe Arachne? Or maybe he's an enthusiastic Wiccan, to each their own. Regardless, he seems well-informed.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
There's Roman numerals in his name, refers often to a goddess, although I'm not certain which one, followed by PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her). Maybe Arachne? Or maybe he's an enthusiastic Wiccan, to each their own. Regardless, he seems well-informed.
Oh, that would be Chris. Lol peace be upon her.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I love Dave Scott's vids. They are great quality and doesn't seem to put on a facade for the camera. He hates to bother his T's too much and has great care guides. Really cares about his T's and is just great :D