The OFFICIAL YouTube thread for tarantula care and husbandry channels

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Most of his videos have gotten less than 50,000 views at the peak of his popularity. A handful got a few hundred thousand. The ones where he is doing everything possible to save his tarantula from a bad moult got nearly 2 million.
In comparison, his video of his wife handling their T.blondi has gotten nearly 8 million views.

petkokc

Arachnosquire
I'm essentially just excited about a new T and want to overdose on T stuff... But quality T stuff
This is kinda my goal, to produce quality videos, some with educational value but more orientated on providing entertainment. I was focused only on tarantulas but now I'm mixing it up with other exotic animals.
Take a look and let me know what you think, I am really curious. just don't comment my English, I know that it's bad :D (link in my signature)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ask @Chris LXXIX how his government handled irresponsible ownership.
Wish that (handling, bites, escapes) my man, at least for have a decent valid excuse to sell. They banned ownership, instead, out of fear and crappy issues about venom that not even in the worst care sheet :-s

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Why do we need YouTube videos for care and husbandry? What is wrong with over a decade worth of the searchable archive here?

BAM!!!! ;)

TeaandTs

Arachnopeon
Nice video, I subbed. The video quality seemed really good, although I can't really say I know anything about that other than what looks great and what doesn't. :)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I never use youtube. I think its because I am quite a shy person and keep myself to myself. I do however appreciate some of the hobbyists channels.

Its a shame there are more irresponsible keepers on youtube than responsible ones.

@EulersK and @louise f have great channels. Although I do not have an account, they are still in my bookmarks bar. You should subscribe to them if you haven't already.

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire
I never use youtube. I think its because I am quite a shy person and keep myself to myself. I do however appreciate some of the hobbyists channels.

Its a shame there are more irresponsible keepers on youtube than responsible ones.

@EulersK and @louise f have great channels. Although I do not have an account, they are still in my bookmarks bar. You should subscribe to them if you haven't already.
Yea it's quite a shame how many bad keepers there are and "Tarantula vs." videos. Luckily there's a decent amount of good channels and people who know their stuff.

I'm pretty shy too, too shy to show my face or speak on camera at the moment lol

basin79

ArachnoGod

You should start. I only primarily have my channel to keep my videos. I'm too lazy to transfer them to my pc. Youtube allows you to have one place where they're all stored that doesn't use your phone memory.

louise f

Arachnoangel
I subbed your channel too @Cassiusstein ;) And you @KezyGLA you really should getting a channel You dont actually have to show yourself in front of the cam. But it can`t hurt to practice. ;) :) Lol if only anyone knew how nervous i was the first time i tried it, and heck i laugh so hard at that video today. Christ :D I had trouble finding words for what i was about to say, but i can guarantee you my friend i am still a tad nervous every time just before i start to film. But hey i would say that if you weren`t nervous at all then you are not normal and a freakin robot IMO. :D

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I speak English but with a Scottish accent. You guys would need the subtitles on :rofl:

I am very familiar with @basin79 accent as when I cross the border thats where its at I rarely venture much further south (brum or further aha) ;)

EDIT: A very broad Glaswegian accent !

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire
I speak English but with a Scottish accent. You guys would need the subtitles on :rofl:

I am very familiar with @basin79 accent as when I cross the border thats where its at I rarely venture much further south (brum or further aha) ;)

What are you doing?!?!? Accents are an instant boost on youtube :happy: But in all seriousness, with all the youtubes who do have accents, we live in an age where most accents are understood, because we probably are already subscribed to someone with a similar one :p

basin79

ArachnoGod

Scotch accent is fantastic. There's a woman on here that has a youtube channel. She's Scotch.