Tarantula: 'world record'

Crows Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great! although not good enough! sorry bud! ive got P irminia at a staggering 25 days from mate to sack! also only one mate and then he was dinner! my female was close to a molt though!

Good job!
My P. irminia actually is sitting on a sac right now, I believe I mated her 3 weeks ago, so I believe you entirely, I didn't record their mate date but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been longer than 3 weeks, it's amazing. My Grammostola pulchripes took 11 months to drop her sac :cool:

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
My P. irminia actually is sitting on a sac right now, I believe I mated her 3 weeks ago, so I believe you entirely, I didn't record their mate date but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been longer than 3 weeks, it's amazing. My Grammostola pulchripes took 11 months to drop her sac :cool:
My P cancerides also took 11 months (and the eggs were infertile!)

Yip! my irminia was 59 days from mate to eating spiders! im sure its a record of sorts!?

Sweet!

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey bud! so you got 3000 eating spiders!?

No freeking way! are there any pics? thats great!

did all 3800 eggs turn into eating spiders, of the other mentioned sack?
ya thats how many went out the door, thats the only way i could count them 500 lot here 200 lot there 400 lot here, ect added up to 3800+-100 2i spiderlings

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
ya thats how many went out the door, thats the only way i could count them 500 lot here 200 lot there 400 lot here, ect added up to 3800+-100 2i spiderlings
Wow bud! that must undoubtadly be the record! Congrats!

Was the girl huge? egg sack huge? spiders tiny?

Have you got any other pics?

Bladdy great job!:worship:

Crows Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow bud! that must undoubtadly be the record! Congrats!

Was the girl huge? egg sack huge? spiders tiny?

Have you got any other pics?

Bladdy great job!:worship:
No, I believe there was one who dropped 4700+, will have to check into that.

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
Sweet guys!

Chat later off to whatc some telly!
The wife is nagging!

Thanx for chat! later

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
I have another record!
*The most blown out of proportion thread:-" dead or molting???? Help!!!"

Its got almost 2000 views & 90 replies! so far! where it should have had maybe 5 replies!

LOL! so crazy! im right! no im right! no im right! ha ha

PrimalTaunt

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is still consider that the largest leg span ever "officialy" proved it was a Theraphosa blondi caught in Venezuela in the late '60.

A lot of people talks about "13" " leg spans in Apophysis, which none of those seem to be "officially" proved.

As far as Myself, I have had several Apophysis (adults ) and althought leggier, never reached over 11".
They said it was a Klugi, althought if the numbers weer right (which I doubt) when my Theraphosa died and I weighed her it was already heavier than that
Klugi...So :?

I personally dont think any Lasiodora will get heavier than Blondi.

May I ask where you were getting the information about these records from? Not that I'm doubting you but I like to check things out myself.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
May I ask where you were getting the information about these records from? Not that I'm doubting you but I like to check things out myself.
Honestly, I dont remmember where.
About the largest Blondi, its been in the books "forever".

About the Klugi, thats besically what is said around the boards/web,
I never came across anything "oficial" myself.