Tarantula with mold/fungus on it...HELP!!!

Fanto

Arachnopeon
I have just recently purchased my second T. It is L. cristata (Brizilian Red and White). Its legspan is only about an inch, if that. Ive had it for about a month and a half. It just molted for the first time since I got it about a week ago. The problem is that fungus/mold was growing in the container I kept it in and now it has gotten on the T's hair. The container is the original one I bought it in. Its just a round plastic container about 5 inches in diameter with potting soil in it. It was pretty moist in there, but because it was such a small area and because the T was so small, at first I just thought that it was just his web covering the top. By the time I relized it was mold/fungus he was molting and I didn't want to risk moving or even touching him. I have put him in a different cage now, but he has the mold/fungus on the hairs at the bottom of his legs and on his belly. WHAT DO I DO? Is there a way to get rid of it? Do I just have to wait for him to molt again? If I keep him in a dry cage will the mold continue to grow on him? Is there some kind of fungicide out there I can use.

I have an adult Rose-hair that I have had for 10 years now and I have never encountered this problem. PLEASE HELP!!!