Tarantula with DKS flipped over

Sofig

Arachnopeon
maybe I should mention that before this, a couple of days ago, she was flipping over and then getting back up
She did that a few times
Her movements this time though do seem a little different from when she was trying to get up

14pokies

Arachnoprince
She's not closed now but here this was the best I could get the right side of her body is hard to see because of the shadow so the camera want perfect
Thanks for the photo.. What kind of wood chips are in her enclosure? Do you have a heating pad or heat lamp on her? Those are both bad...

Also I noticed whatever that is in her chelicera.. Has it been there the whole time or did that just recently appear..

That pic is pretty dark I'm sorry but one with a flash or just better lighting would be better.. Don't move her or her enclosure though just leave her be..

Sofig

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the photo.. What kind of wood chips are in her enclosure? Do you have a heating pad or heat lamp on her? Those are both bad...

Also I noticed whatever that is in her chelicera.. Has it been there the whole time or did that just recently appear..

That pic is pretty dark I'm sorry but one with a flash or just better lighting would be better.. Don't move her or her enclosure though just leave her be..
I'm not sure about the wood chips. I got her from someone else and this is the enclosure she was in

i don't have a heating pad.

The white string which is most likely Web silk considering there's another string near her is something I only noticed recently, not sure how long it's been there but i don't believe it was there when she started

Also wouldn't Taking a picture with flash bother her?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Also wouldn't Taking a picture with flash bother her?
It might..Hold off on the pic if you are sure it's just webbing..
It's been 24 hrs I dont think its a molt but ride it out..

She is plump.. Not dehydrated from what I can see.. Not sure what could be slowing her down.. Don't really know how else to help.. I let the T be a T in situtions like this..

Sofig

Arachnopeon
It might..Hold off on the pic if you are sure it's webbing..

It's been 24 hrs I dont think its a molt but ride it out..
Her movements have reduced a lot
Earlier it was lively as I said
Now when she moves it seems to be a limited range of movement and she just twitches
if it is a molt, Did she get stuck in her molt or something, maybe?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Her movements have reduced a lot
Earlier it was lively as I said
Now when she moves it seems to be a limited range of movement and she just twitches
if it is a molt, Did she get stuck in her molt or something, maybe?
Its possible... I'm thinking not.. I have seen a few very similar threads with Ts that have similar symptoms.. The op usually doesn't tell us how it turns out though..

Stuck in molt.. Rupture inside while molting.. Pesticides.. Some type of cleaning products poisining it.. Impossible to know for sure whats going on..

Sofig

Arachnopeon
Its possible... I'm thinking not.. I have seen a few very similar threads with Ts that have similar symptoms.. The op usually doesn't tell us how it turns out though..

Stuck in molt.. Rupture inside while molting.. Pesticides.. Some type of cleaning products poisining it.. Impossible to know for sure whats going on..
Possibly a rupture?..
There was a rock that I took out because after she started showing the trouble walking she kept falling off of it, but I don't know, the rock wasn't very high up, probably low enough not to cause injury

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Possibly a rupture?..
There was a rock that I took out because after she started showing the trouble walking she kept falling off of it, but I don't know, the rock wasn't very high up, probably low enough not to cause injury
Don't beat yourself up but rocks are a terrible idea in any Ts enclosure.. The trouble walking could of been from premolt and then the fall from the rock or a fall from the side of the glass onto the rock could easily damage any T never mind one in premolt..

Hey man.. It could just be a long molt it does happen sometimes.. Don't stress out or give up on her yet..

Sofig

Arachnopeon
She just did some more lively moving after the weird curling up thing, she's opened back up now but now I have a picture of her with her legs inwards if it's any help

Attachments

14pokies

Arachnoprince
She just did some more lively moving after the weird curling up thing, she's opened back up now but now I have a picture of her with her legs inwards if it's any help
At the risk of being an alarmist it looks like she is dying not molting.. I could be completely wrong though.. The walls look very tall on that enclosure.. Im guessing that it may have suffered some internal damage.. It's Just a theory though..

Sofig

Arachnopeon
At the risk of being an alarmist it looks like she is dying not molting.. I could be completely wrong though.. The walls look very tall on that enclosure.. Im guessing that it may have suffered some internal damage.. It's Just a theory though..
Well she is not in that position anymore, I'm still worried though
She switches from that position to her legs being outstretched like the first pic
However the limited twitchy movements like i said do lend to that maybe she is dying..
The walls are tall and I'm aware that's bad but it's probably not a good idea to rehouse her in her current state.
Internal damage maybe, though there's not really much I can think of that would get her to a high height, I've never seen her walk on the glass, or anything like that

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
She switches from that position to her legs being outstretched like the first pic
However the limited twitchy movements like i said do lend to that maybe she is dying..
The walls are tall and I'm aware that's bad but it's probably not a good idea to rehouse her in her current state.
Internal damage maybe, though there's not really much I can think of that would get her to a high height, I've never seen her walk on the glass, or anything like that
All tarantulas can climb glass. They may not always do it in front of you but they certainly can climb glass.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
No don't move her! Alot of people don't see there Ts drink but they do. Lol.. Hope she pulls through bro..

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Never seen a tarantula die, so I have no idea of what it looks like, but those seem like molting movements to me. My T's do it when they are molting too. Hopefully she makes it, it may just be a really long molt :D

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
The leg contractions sound an aweful lot like molting movements to me and the repeatedly flipping over also makes me think that she's trying to molt. Every time I've caught mine flipping over and then back up rite theyve molted within a few days. Can you tell if she has popped her carapace? I doubt that she flipped onto her back just to go into a death curl it seems like molt behavior

Sofig

Arachnopeon
The leg contractions sound an aweful lot like molting movements to me and the repeatedly flipping over also makes me think that she's trying to molt. Every time I've caught mine flipping over and then back up rite theyve molted within a few days. Can you tell if she has popped her carapace? I doubt that she flipped onto her back just to go into a death curl it seems like molt behavior
She does not look like she has popped open her Carapace despite that it has been over 33 hours

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The best you can do is leave her be and have patience. If she is trying to molt disturbing her could make her flip back over and start again. Sometimes adults can take awhile to molt. 33hours is a goodly amount of time to be flipped over and could be a sign of her possibly passing but I would still wait it out and leave her be.

Sofig

Arachnopeon
Hows your T?
Just got home. She is alive and moving her legs a bit, also she is at a different angle and looks to be Just very slightly tilted to the side. I'm not sure whether the carapace has popped off or not, it's hard to tell from the angle though I don't think it has. Somewhere near 39 or 40 hours though since she first flipped over though, that was about 15-20 minutes before I made my initial post, it's scary but I'm hoping for the best