Tarantula was NOT in premolt after all -_-

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Some of you may remember my thread from a little while ago where I expressed worry that my G. pulchripes wasn't drinking water, instead hiding in her burrow due to premolt. Annoyingly, she ended up covering the back viewport of her enclosure so I couldn't see her for ten whole days. I thought for sure she would molt by then, but guess what?
S H E ' S N O T I N P R E M O L T
Yesterday, she uncovered the viewport again, and she still had the same peachy bald spot on her abdomen, and hadn't molted. It was then that I realized that @cold blood had the correct guess: her enclosure was just too big. So thanks for making me worry about your safety, ya dumb spider.
Anyway, I have moved her into a proper sized enclosure: a deli cup. She seems happy in her new home and has eaten a mealworm. I'm glad I get to see my little lady out in the open <3

Attachments

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
a little too open, why no hide?
i use those black film canisters for cages like that.

cold blood

Staff member
cold blood said it would be okay. He gets annoyed by the T's plugging up their hides apparently
I don't get annoyed...I could care less, its just what they all seem to do. Like 2% of them used a burrow or hide at my house.:) They do move things around a lot though, and I said that in time, regardless of what I did, they basically ended up looking exactly like your set up. Yeah, its just fine.:)

Glad it snatched that mealworm for you.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I love having batches from the same sac. One out of CB's slings has decided that it is an obligate burrower, the rest understand that they're a Grammy. Wildly different molt rates as well, as half of mine are a full two molts behind the other half.

Side note. I miss the cute Gyarados, @Moakmeister :(

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I love having batches from the same sac. One out of CB's slings has decided that it is an obligate burrower, the rest understand that they're a Grammy. Wildly different molt rates as well, as half of mine are a full two molts behind the other half.

Side note. I miss the cute Gyarados, @Moakmeister :(
I might bring it back ;)