Tarantula videos that make you cringe

Nepenthe56

Arachnopeon
The pinch method isn't terribly uncommon. Personally, I don't use the pinch hold, but I rarely handle my spiders anyways. I have had a 6 inch P. regalis run up my arm though... that was exciting ;) I don't like his business with the fork however, and all for a crappy shot where you could barely see the chelicerae anyways. And I think that sposer would appreciate more substrate.

hennibbale

Arachnosquire
The pinch method isn't terribly uncommon. Personally, I don't use the pinch hold, but I rarely handle my spiders anyways. I have had a 6 inch P. regalis run up my arm though... that was exciting ;) I don't like his business with the fork however, and all for a crappy shot where you could barely see the chelicerae anyways. And I think that sposer would appreciate more substrate.
Pretty sure the substrate is rocks.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Everything is wrong in this video. Rocks, the height of the tub, the size of the tub, the handling, the kid sitting with his face so close..
And last but not least, pulling at the fangs with a fork. Unbelievable. Feel sorry for the T :(

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
What a degenerate. Obviously made zero attempt to provide an adequate home for that tarantula.
Pinch grab, in and of itsself, is not an issue, but he did not pinch grab properly and was far to rough.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
And those videos are nothing if compared to the (mostly Japanese) "Inverts Fights" ones...

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The T looks dead in that last video. Heck, in the first one, the guy says it's a "rose tarantula". Might be due to horrible video, but it didn't quite look like a G. rosea/porteri/or whatever. I could be mistaken.

I don't think it matters. All these people are flippin' idiots.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Avics always get the worst of it from morons who want a big spider to show off to their friends with. :( makes me so annoyed and sad to see my favorite genus in such crappy set ups. even more so when the person doesnt know how to handle it right in the first place. and seriously? a heat pad in the enclosure? this guys must of found the crappiest care sheet out there.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
What an expert. Before I got my first last year I researched and at least got the right substrate and terrarium. Well, kinda. Bought a pink toe and got a regular terrarium had then got a vertical one couple weeks later. Got my first Rosie to go in that original tank. Love them and only handle the Rosie veeeery gently. I would never pinch b too afraid I would hurt her.