Tarantula trying to escape?

Maddie714

Arachnopeon
Hello! Recently I've noticed a strange behavior that my juvenile chaco golden knee has picked up. For the past month or so, and only at night time, he(sold to me as a suspected male, not 100% sure) will go to the top of his enclosure and put his fangs through the mesh like he's trying to break through. I can hear him doing this from across the room and he does this often. I'm not sure if it's something wrong with his housing, because I haven't changed anything and this is very new behavior. No damage has been done to the top, because it is made out of metal. Should I be concerned about this? This is my first tarantula so I'm still very new to this. Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Change that mesh out for drilled acrylic. It can chew through that and escape. Or break a fang. Or get a claw caught and lose a leg. Or get stuck and dangle until it dies.

Also.. post pics of entire setup. Gives better idea to assess any problems.

MrTwister

Arachnoknight
When they climb on mesh tops they will often use their fangs to hold themselves while repositioning legs. It could also be testing the enclosure to try and get out.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
That is very dangerous. The last thing you want is a tarantula missing a fang... or both.