Tarantula tracking software.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
That is also the program I am using. I had another one for a short time, but it does not compare in simplicity or awsomeness!

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I use it too. Simple, easy to use.

There's the Exotic keepers record, which is more advanced, but I can't stand it's terrible new layout. It's very counterintuitive, bulky, and the skin is ugly, IMO. If you want to try this one, I'd suggest going with the whatever version is before the current one (I think, they might have had newer versions since I stopped using it). The older version was very nice.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
EKR wont work for me anymore :( I actually prefer that one by miles, but as it wont work, I have to settle with TKR..

possumburg

Arachnosquire
I just have a spreadsheet that I keep on google docs so I can always access it from my phone anywhere I am

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I actually use Excel, because I can edit and insert ANYTHING I want. I am limited with TKR.

I was just curious what some of you people with 100s of Ts use as your seriel numbers?

Tokendog

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I prefer Exotic Pet Keeper. The older version, 1.2, is still available. If running Windows 7, you just have to go to the folder it was installed in, and set the .exe to run in Windows XP compatibility mode. It fixes any errors you may be having and runs great afterwards.

I love the 1.2 version when compared to the 3.0 version. I do not know why he removed a lot of the cool features and simplified it so much. It doesn't make sense to me. The 1.2 allows you to compare growth rate, have pictures for each species on the home page, and it has most Tarantula species already setup in the database.

3.0 has none of those features. No idea why he did that.

One thing I liked about 3.0 was the Hydrate option to show when you last watered them, but I just use the Maintain option in 1.2 to signify the same thing.

Tokendog

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
EKR wont work for me anymore :( I actually prefer that one by miles, but as it wont work, I have to settle with TKR..
if you are using an older version, set the compatibility to Windows XP. It should run fine.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Does this older version work for vista? :? The thing i dont like about the TKR is i cannot see a list of there most recient molts such as there scientific name, gender, date purchased. I really only use it to track molt dates and molt size. Sometimes i forget if i marked them or not so i have to click through and check. Kind of a pain.

Tokendog

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I downloaded 1.2 and got errors out the wazoo. I switched it to Windows XP compatibility mode and haven't had an issue so far. I use it daily.

I have not tried it on Vista.

lucarelli78

Arachnosquire
I just have a spreadsheet that I keep on google docs so I can always access it from my phone anywhere I am
What about taking pics or a photo log? Are you able to take pics and tie them to record keeping, or is it two separate entities? A records journal and a photo journal?

bugguy1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was really disappointed after downloading this software only to get error messages every time I tried to do something! Does anyone know if there is anything else available that is Windows 8 or later compatible?

eminart

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You guys realize this thread is 4 1/2 years old, right?

I'm sure there are better methods, but I plugged my new T's into iHerp.

assidreemz

Arachnosquire
What about taking pics or a photo log? Are you able to take pics and tie them to record keeping, or is it two separate entities? A records journal and a photo journal?
Holy shnikees

5 years old... I mean, c'mon man really??!

You guys realize this thread is 4 1/2 years old, right?

I'm sure there are better methods, but I plugged my new T's into iHerp.
No, no they don't

bugguy1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes I do realize how old this thread is. That is why I asked if anyone knew of any new software that has been released since. TKR, from looking at it, has everything I need and from the people that have used it successfully, they seem to love it.

archaeosite

Arachnosquire
I'd be pretty nervous about using an 8-year-old piece of software to track my information. What happens if it isn't compatible with future operating systems? There's no support to fix it, and the data will have to be moved manually or lost.

I think I'm just going to use Excel. I know it's supported, it's compatible with Google Drive for backups, and it allows more customization.

Last edited:

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
I'm pretty nervous about using an 8-year-old piece of software to track my information. What happens if it isn't compatible with future operating systems? There's no support to fix it, and the data will have to be moved manually or lost.

I think I'm just going to use Excel. I know it's supported, it's compatible with Google Drive for backups, and it allows more customization.
I use excel.. works fine or me