tarantula torture with a smily face is the dark den the new exotics lair?

ant ramblings

Arachnopeon
He had already been deleting the negative comments from his" can tarantulas swim" video .
But the fan club are all saying how amazing he is for making such a great video .
The worst but for me was on about the third dunking he gave one spider when that big air bubble comes out .
Or the obviously scared blondie that was not floating like the smaller spiders .
He does a good job of making the video look organic and an amazing surprise to him but i make videos and know fully well this was the result of good editing .
I wander just how many spiders will be "going for a swim"as a result of this video now .
I hope it was worth it for the views .

me and my Ts

Arachnoknight
I saw that video. It was of course an “educational video” and was “science based” as some of the fan club has said in the comments. He doesn’t really seem to care about the animals, just the views

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I haven't watched his videos in a very long time to be fair. That video title seems like it was pushing it. I think it was more-so to try something new in the tarantula youtuber sphere. When it comes tarantulas in the youtube space, there is only so much you can do. Such as educational things, feeding, rehousing, breeding, and updates. Other than that, the only thing that makes any Youtube journey sustainable is yourself.

I think he's approaching at his peak already to what he can do and where he can go. He's settled, married, has a family, and can't really upgrade much to the space he has left unless he buys a new place or get rid of some of his animals. I think he should slow down and enjoy life with his family rather than trying to do something reckless or try to crutch out a video weekly. I like his older content a lot, not so much with the newer videos because I feel like they're very forced. The old videos was just a guy at home and his spiders. It was more of a personal-at-home feeling to me, and I still do rewatch the older videos admittedly.

JDS123

Arachnosquire
The video was fine and good to see.

They dont have the same emotional stress as we do, say our leg was about to be sawed off, vs if someone pushed us in a pool, we would be like dammit now i gotta swim out.

It was a very good thing to see how each species will react, and each species abilities.

Now you see some can actually be set up in different types of enclosures.

You see which ones can float and swim better than others.

Now, I liked how he placed the one on the cork bark, with a little guiding to see how it would do.

As a keeper of herps,fish and inverts over 30 years I think that was terrific and would love to see each species take a shot, a few maybe not.

Dont forget these are not baby kittens, think of the science behind the anatomy, and its life in the wild.

I think the parts with the bottle were pushy, otherwise, we really need to stop acting like this was like throwing a baby in the ocean.

Did it get views and help his channel, sure, do I want others to do it, no.

I would like to see more species placed on the cork bark and see how they do.

The die hard hate for anything outside their own thoughts has got to stop in this hobby.

We need to recruit as many people as possible to protect our lifestyles of keeping exotics.

Peopl are eating these animals all day, I was not happy with each move he made, but some of you have got to stop acting like they have the same emotions as not only us, but even a cat or dog, or even a snake.

I treat my Ts like family, but we are still learning all the time, and sometimes we can learn tons from a vid like this.

Now, I will be pissed if a bunch of ppl start doing it, because its being done by him now, and I could see a few more species, but if others jump on this to gain views as a copy cat then I will not be happy.

This is not a trend.

This was however a mostly good video.

Yes Petko can seem a bit un caring, but I think he cares more than you guys think.

Please if your going to comment on this, be mature and try and be down to earth and grasp how hateful attitudes completely run ppl off from the hobby, lots of times good peopl who could reslly support us, and they say screw it, because their are gangs of know it all haters.

I was happy coming back here after years away due to horrible attitudes, and saw lots of good ppl here now.

Please keep it that way.

No way in hell are we all going to agree with is, but we have to admit, we each dont know everything, it blows my mind how many top notch keepers wont even show face on forums and media because of all the hate, its just gotta stop.

Healthy debates, great.....

anyways.

My brain compared to a Tarantula brain, push me in a pool, ill get mad, get out, then give me a beer after i chase you around for a minute.

These Ts live in areas that get flooded, or drop from trees into rivers, lakes, heavy rains.............this was not a torture test, mostly, like i said, i like the cork bark test.

Alright, just be cool guys, if you think it was BS then fine, but Im begging you, try this, pretend you had to win a debate from one side, then the other, gather your ammo, then see what ways your mind may change, its not cut and dry................

sry for rant, just tired of so much hate talk, it starts to truly sound like a gang of haters and runs everyone away.

Not directed to anyone in particular, but I knew darn well this post would show up today lol.

Take care guys.

Were all just human.

If I felt this was a torture shiw I personally would have contacted him and discussed it but it was not all bad.

Some was pushing it.

I haven't watched his videos in a very long time to be fair. That video title seems like it was pushing it. I think it was more-so to try something new in the tarantula youtuber sphere. When it comes tarantulas in the youtube space, there is only so much you can do. Such as educational things, feeding, rehousing, breeding, and updates. Other than that, the only thing that makes any Youtube journey sustainable is yourself.

I think he's approaching at his peak already to what he can do and where he can go. He's settled, married, has a family, and can't really upgrade much to the space he has left unless he buys a new place or get rid of some of his animals. I think he should slow down and enjoy life with his family rather than trying to do something reckless or try to crutch out a video weekly. I like his older content a lot, not so much with the newer videos because I feel like they're very forced. The old videos was just a guy at home and his spiders. It was more of a personal-at-home feeling to me, and I still do rewatch the older videos admittedly.
hes a good dude. I see what your saying, hard to do T vids forever, nobody is perfect, its sad how many ppl expect perfection and a duplicate of themselves while watching others.

So many self-righteous ppl in the exotics lifestyle now, turned me off pretty bad and ive been in this over 30 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter

Well put, i haven't watched his videos in a while, like you said they used to be incredible passionate and then at some point they started to feel forced to me and i got uncomfortable watching them.

I can't comment on this specific video as i haven't seen it.

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
The video was fine and good to see.

They dont have the same emotional stress as we do, say our leg was about to be sawed off, vs if someone pushed us in a pool, we would be like dammit now i gotta swim out.

It was a very good thing to see how each species will react, and each species abilities.

Now you see some can actually be set up in different types of enclosures.

You see which ones can float and swim better than others.

Now, I liked how he placed the one on the cork bark, with a little guiding to see how it would do.

As a keeper of herps,fish and inverts over 30 years I think that was terrific and would love to see each species take a shot, a few maybe not.

Dont forget these are not baby kittens, think of the science behind the anatomy, and its life in the wild.

I think the parts with the bottle were pushy, otherwise, we really need to stop acting like this was like throwing a baby in the ocean.

Did it get views and help his channel, sure, do I want others to do it, no.

I would like to see more species placed on the cork bark and see how they do.

The die hard hate for anything outside their own thoughts has got to stop in this hobby.

We need to recruit as many people as possible to protect our lifestyles of keeping exotics.

Peopl are eating these animals all day, I was not happy with each move he made, but some of you have got to stop acting like they have the same emotions as not only us, but even a cat or dog, or even a snake.

I treat my Ts like family, but we are still learning all the time, and sometimes we can learn tons from a vid like this.

Now, I will be pissed if a bunch of ppl start doing it, because its being done by him now, and I could see a few more species, but if others jump on this to gain views as a copy cat then I will not be happy.

This is not a trend.

This was however a mostly good video.

Yes Petko can seem a bit un caring, but I think he cares more than you guys think.

Please if your going to comment on this, be mature and try and be down to earth and grasp how hateful attitudes completely run ppl off from the hobby, lots of times good peopl who could reslly support us, and they say screw it, because their are gangs of know it all haters.

I was happy coming back here after years away due to horrible attitudes, and saw lots of good ppl here now.

Please keep it that way.

No way in hell are we all going to agree with is, but we have to admit, we each dont know everything, it blows my mind how many top notch keepers wont even show face on forums and media because of all the hate, its just gotta stop.

Healthy debates, great.....

anyways.

My brain compared to a Tarantula brain, push me in a pool, ill get mad, get out, then give me a beer after i chase you around for a minute.

These Ts live in areas that get flooded, or drop from trees into rivers, lakes, heavy rains.............this was not a torture test, mostly, like i said, i like the cork bark test.

Alright, just be cool guys, if you think it was BS then fine, but Im begging you, try this, pretend you had to win a debate from one side, then the other, gather your ammo, then see what ways your mind may change, its not cut and dry................

sry for rant, just tired of so much hate talk, it starts to truly sound like a gang of haters and runs everyone away.

Not directed to anyone in particular, but I knew darn well this post would show up today lol.

Take care guys.

Were all just human.

If I felt this was a torture shiw I personally would have contacted him and discussed it but it was not all bad.

Some was pushing it.

hes a good dude. I see what your saying, hard to do T vids forever, nobody is perfect, its sad how many ppl expect perfection and a duplicate of themselves while watching others.

So many self-righteous ppl in the exotics lifestyle now, turned me off pretty bad and ive been in this over 30 years.
What video is this thread about Any links ?

JDS123

Arachnosquire
Well put, i haven't watched his videos in years, like you said they used to be passionate and then at some point they started to feel forced and i got really uncomfortable watching them.

I have to say this latest development does not surprise me one bit.
think about how many people he has gotten into the lifestyle, hobby.

have you read the hundreds of thousand of comments on that, and how he help cure peoples fears and hate, and brought them to the hobby......you realize how bad we need that right......and yeah, of course you don't have to like his vids or techniques, but just putting that out there. We don't have very many perfect keepers that actually make videos.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
He had already been deleting the negative comments from his" can tarantulas swim" video .
But the fan club are all saying how amazing he is for making such a great video .
The worst but for me was on about the third dunking he gave one spider when that big air bubble comes out .
Or the obviously scared blondie that was not floating like the smaller spiders .
He does a good job of making the video look organic and an amazing surprise to him but i make videos and know fully well this was the result of good editing .
I wander just how many spiders will be "going for a swim"as a result of this video now .
Always this intolerant, self-righteous talk... This is partly worse than the completely stupid arguments of PETA supporters. I found it interesting and would try it too. What's the problem? I have the impression that many people simply have nothing to say and then just point the finger at others. I don't gnaw either of them, but I doubt that those who judge keep their animals anywhere near as well?
However, you can use the headline to apply to any cheap tabloid...

Last edited:

JDS123

Arachnosquire
Always this intolerant, self-righteous talk... This is partly worse than the completely stupid arguments of PETA supporters. I found it interesting and would try it too. What's the problem? I have the impression that many people simply have nothing to say and then just point the finger at others. I don't gnaw either of them, but I doubt that those who judge keep their animals anywhere near as well?
dude this community world wide is due for a big attitude adjustment. I know so many good people and top notch keepers that don't involve themselves anymore because of the bullies and bashing. It's disgusting.

They just look at forums and other media as a big joke now, yet these particular people think the others are making it look bad, no, all of us are the community, these people couldn't become rocket scientists so they could say this is how it is and the only way it is, so instead, they got overly prideful and treat their hobby that way,

We're always learning.

Yes there are facts, but there is much more to know, respect the animals, yes, but how about respecting the humans too......

also, yes like I said before, back to the vid, I did not like all of it, however mostly it was good, I want to say holding them underwater may have or could have gone wrong with a lung flooding however, I'm trying to think, I would imagine the T would certainly have bolted up and out if it felt the need. Again, we gotta remember their "fear" or "stress" is not like other animals.
Again, I beg others to not go start conducting experiments like this, he did mostly good with the cork bark part, giving them a chance. I don't want a bunch of noobs trying this stuff. No offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So we are dropping exotic animals in water now for stupidtube clicks- well that’s stupid.

There’s a nice video of an Avic swimming in a river in the wild. THAT is the type of video one should view to answer such questions.

There’s zero value here from what I read.

there’s no need to disturb the animal in your care in this context 🙄🙄🙄🙄🤮🤮🤮🤮

JDS123

Arachnosquire
So we are dropping exotic animals in water now for stupidtube clicks- well that’s stupid.

There’s a nice video of an Avic swimming in a river in the wild. THAT is the type of video one should view to answer such questions.

There’s zero value here from what I read.

there’s no need to disturb the animal in your care in this context 🙄🙄🙄🙄🤮🤮🤮🤮
The video showed different species and different characteristics, other things to consider like the weight of a particular species or its individual instincts, ability, so on........

There is so much to learn still about each species, it wasn't baby kittens man, just because you love and care about them doesn't mean we can't do a little experimentation, i did not like all of it, but some was very good to see.

Also, people have been doing many things like this before the internet, not everything is just for views.

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The video showed different species and different characteristics, other things to consider like the weight of a particular species or its individual instincts, ability, so on........

mature much?
I can’t answer if you’re mature. I don’t know you.

Oh so we are dropping a variety of Ts in water to check for their swimming skills?🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
And all of this is useful because we have built in pools for Ts.
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

There’s no accounting for the stupidity of what humans will do to other animals in their care.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
To the video, let's be very pragmatic:
Among other things, I deal with the species dolomedes. Last year, for example, I was able to successfully propagate D. triton (picture - and yes, it did it voluntarily. Now I realize that tarantulas can linger underwater without causing the slightest panic. This is quite interesting and offers the animal imaginary possibilities in the wild. The fact that walking under water is possible - at least for a short time - is new to me.
From my point of view, there was never a situation that could have harmed anyone, the "moderator" had everything under control. Since I am sure that some of them stress their animals more when moving or working in the terrarium than these animals were stressed in the video, I would say that the metabolism was maximally stimulated here, but not more.
What you see and how you interpret something also has something to do with the motivation to look at something...
DSCN5815.jpg

JDS123

Arachnosquire
I can’t answer if you’re mature. I don’t know you.

Oh so we are dropping a variety of Ts in water to check for their swimming skills?🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
And all of this is useful because we have built in pools for Ts.
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

There’s no accounting for the stupidity of what humans will do to other animals in their care.
Hm, that was supposed to be edited, not fast enough I guess.

Ok, we got your opinion, thanks.

We are learning now that we can have aquascapes now possibly with particular species for one thing.

I can tell your passionate.

However your clearly not up for constructive debate, just bashing.

Your opinion is noted.

Clearly sheeeesh.

To the video, let's be very pragmatic:
Among other things, I deal with the species dolomedes. Last year, for example, I was able to successfully propagate D. triton (picture - and yes, it did it voluntarily. Now I realize that tarantulas can linger underwater without causing the slightest panic. This is quite interesting and offers the animal imaginary possibilities in the wild. The fact that walking under water is possible - at least for a short time - is new to me.
From my point of view, there was never a situation that could have harmed anyone, the "moderator" had everything under control. Since I am sure that some of them stress their animals more when moving or working in the terrarium than these animals were stressed in the video, I would say that the metabolism was maximally stimulated here, but not more.
What you see and how you interpret something also has something to do with the motivation to look at something...
View attachment 441789
there is a ton to learn in this video, sad thing is if someone disagrees with it, it's full of attitude and bashing, they won't just have a mature conversation, weird times.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hm, that was supposed to be edited, not fast enough I guess.

Ok, we got your opinion, thanks.

We are learning now that we can have aquascapes now possibly with particular species for one thing.

I can tell your passionate.

However your clearly not up for constructive debate, just bashing.

Your opinion is noted.

Clearly sheeeesh.
I read the OPs post about Ts; it’s a stupid idea. I don’t debate stupidity.

Gotta “love” people who delete negative comments of their actions. They don’t have the moral character to stand behind what they did AND take the criticism- that says a lot.

Last edited:

JDS123

Arachnosquire
I read the OPs post about Ts; it’s a stupid idea. I don’t debate stupidity.

Gotta “love” people who delete negative comments of their actions. They don’t have the moral character to stand behind what they did AND take the criticism- that’s says a lot.
Ok good for you.

DustyD

Arachnoknight
Isn’t this the same reasoning used for those videos where animals are pitted against each other in small enclosures? Like tarantula vs frog, mouse vs scorpion etc.

It sounds like Petko has reached that point. And if he has deleted the negative comments, so much for a scientific approach.

Can he get any lower? Probably.

JDS123

Arachnosquire
Please stop teasing, it saves me unnecessary clicks...
the post is not for you,
Isn’t this the same reasoning used for those videos where animals are pitted against each other in small enclosures? Like tarantula vs frog, mouse vs scorpion etc.

It sounds like Petko has reached that point. And if he has deleted the negative comments, so much for a scientific approach.

Can he get any lower? Probably.
you are not even close bud, not even remotely.
he's deleted the immature hate comments, like yours, not anything thoughtful and respectful.

How you can compare what he did to that is amazing.

not even in the same conversation.

Please stop teasing, it saves me unnecessary clicks...
the post was not for you, that's how group conversations work sorry.

i know it's a pain, i don't like it either, but some people are just over the top here.