Tarantula Tattoo!

ZombieGal

Arachnopeon
That sounds really awesome!! :clap:
Like your idea with the sparrows.
I wanted to get a sparrow on my rib cage.
I like the idea of it going from hip to ribcage.. are you going to have some little T traveling foot prints inked from hip to ribcage?
So cool.
I might get footprings, not sure. I'll be meeting with the artist very soon to try different drawings and find out what looks best!

I have tats on each side of my chest and it hurt worse there than anywhere else I have them. I have 42 total and definately chest hurt the worse
42? Nice! I have one of my sleeves drawn out, and i'm hoping to start that once i finish this piece.

The thought of a T tat has come across my mind but wouldn't know what species/where to get it
I would just pick your fav species...and where to get it? Well...do you want to always show it off, or be able to hide it?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That honestly depends on how much "slow cook" you have on them there ribs Tommy :D
LoL! I got a bit of that "slow cook".... {D

But I also had a heavy handed tat artist... After 5... Almost 6 hours.. He was finally done! Then he woke me from my nap! ;P

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Thought about drawing me a spider tat. IDK what I'd do, maybe a black widow or something. I'd like to get a Tarantula, but have seen some "epic fail" tats from some artists. Inking the hair on a T is definatly no walk in the park, and would probably have them test it out on something first. If you get a good one, it will be awsome! Seen some pretty sweet stuff, like making them look like there actually on you by putting shadowing underneath the spider. Really makes em POP ;) Check em out on google yo

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had thoughts to get a metal "skeleton" of a tarantula inserted under my skin, then get a tattoo over it so it would look "3D".

ZombieGal

Arachnopeon
LoL! I got a bit of that "slow cook".... {D

But I also had a heavy handed tat artist... After 5... Almost 6 hours.. He was finally done! Then he woke me from my nap! ;P
Haha, so it really must not have hurt much, huh? Haha! I find the pain of tattoos too be more annoying than a severe pain.

Thought about drawing me a spider tat. IDK what I'd do, maybe a black widow or something. I'd like to get a Tarantula, but have seen some "epic fail" tats from some artists. Inking the hair on a T is definatly no walk in the park, and would probably have them test it out on something first. If you get a good one, it will be awsome! Seen some pretty sweet stuff, like making them look like there actually on you by putting shadowing underneath the spider. Really makes em POP ;) Check em out on google yo
A black widow would be super cool. And i've seen some horrible fake looking ones, but there's been a few that were impressive! I'm deffinetly doing the whole 3D look with it.

I had thoughts to get a metal "skeleton" of a tarantula inserted under my skin, then get a tattoo over it so it would look "3D".
That's one of the sickest idea's i've heard in a minute! You should deff do it dude, That'd be crazy.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think a tattoo of a tarantula would be awesome to have, but I worry about the ability of a tattoo artist to render it in a way that isn't cheesy. Unfortunately, most of the pics of tarantula tattoos seem that way to me when finished. Which is one reason I don't have one and probably never will. I think a P. murinus would be pretty spiffy if done right though.:)

ZombieGal

Arachnopeon
I think a tattoo of a tarantula would be awesome to have, but I worry about the ability of a tattoo artist to render it in a way that isn't cheesy. Unfortunately, most of the pics of tarantula tattoos seem that way to me when finished. Which is one reason I don't have one and probably never will. I think a P. murinus would be pretty spiffy if done right though.:)
Yeah, you have to really trust the artist. I think if they are good with shadows and the "realistic" look, and can do that "airbrush" looking finish, you'd be in good business!

bloodpythonMA

Arachnosquire
I'll say this, be VERY selective on which artist you go to! And know exactly what your looking for when you go in, DON'T settle for anything less! It's going to be on you for the rest of your life. Bring in a BUNCH of reference photos and make sure the sketch is what you want.

My pokiE tat

:D

heavydumbs

Arachnosquire
Im covered and yer ribs hurt but so what get it done but make sure you get it BIG... Ts have lots of detail and the bigger the tat the more detail...
Im guna get some pokies on my backside mixed in with my japanese style thigh pieces... Trouble is the dilema is tattoos or more tarantulas?

fartbreath

Arachnopeon
My cousin has a tat of an A. Versicolor on his forearm. Loved how it looks so real. Cost him a fortune just to get inked, too.

muffy

Arachnopeon
just my two cents ...

wrist tattoos feel like nothing, as you stated, and whoever said they hurt ... they seriously must have been crazy, or they were talking about all the way around on the bones and such.

Your tattoo sounds great... I say go for it. I have a tattoo on my side as well, it hurt yeah, but if you have high pain tolerance who cares. :)