Tarantula Tattoo!

ZombieGal

Arachnopeon
So, i'm getting one soon.
I was thinking about getting 2 T's, crawling up from my hip, up to my rib cage.
Opinions?
i was thinkin about getting a b. boehmei there, since it is my favorite of my collection.
Anybody know of any good pics i can use for reference?

Thanks!

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Google yourself some pics. You'll find more than enough to get an idea of what you want. Must say that the tat sounds like it will hot. I like the placement. I'm still trying to figure out where and what I want to get.

ZombieGal

Arachnopeon
Thanks!
I think a T tattoo would be REALLY neat on a persons foot.

Or, you know how people get a sparrow near each side of their collar bone? A T on each side would be so sick.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
Opinions?
i was thinkin about getting a b. boehmei there, since it is my favorite of my collection.

Thanks!
I was thinking of a T on my forearm

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
As a professional illustrator I've thought about designing myself a tarantula tattoo a time or two. I don't think I can go through with it though.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Opinions?

Thanks!

Rib cage is going to hurt. Do you have any tattoos? You may want to start out with a different portion of your body if this is your first tattoo. Not that you can't do it, just that it might be more than you can handle.

Also, B. smithi: people who arn't in the hobby will recognize because they're always in movies so thats a plus.

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Rib cage is going to hurt. Do you have any tattoos? You may want to start out with a different portion of your body if this is your first tattoo. Not that you can't do it, just that it might be more than you can handle.

Also, B. smithi: people who arn't in the hobby will recognize because they're always in movies so thats a plus.
I don't think other people recognizing the species is an issue. 99.99% of people will simply see "spider" regardless of what species you choose. It's not really for other people anyway.

jt39565

Arachnoknight
Are you considering one on each side or one following the other? I think its gona be great, you better post pics when done and possibly consider multiple sittings for optimal quality

ZombieGal

Arachnopeon
I was thinking of a T on my forearm
That would be really sick. What type?

As a professional illustrator I've thought about designing myself a tarantula tattoo a time or two. I don't think I can go through with it though.
Haha, i'd go for it if i were you! Tattoo's that resemble things that are important to the person are the best types!

Haha, i've heard the ribcage is painful, yes. I do have other tattoos though. I have one on my wrist, and another on my arse. I've heard wrist tattoos aren't fun, but i didn't feel it at all. Luckily, my pain tolerance is awesome.

Are you considering one on each side or one following the other? I think its gona be great, you better post pics when done and possibly consider multiple sittings for optimal quality
One following the other! :D I'll deffinetly post pics when things get going, and i think i'll have to go in sessions. I think i'm starting right after thanksgiving.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't think other people recognizing the species is an issue. 99.99% of people will simply see "spider" regardless of what species you choose. It's not really for other people anyway.
She asked for feed back I gave it; personally I'd go with P. rufilata but my girlfriend would killl me if I got a tarantula inked where she could always see it.

batest

Arachnopeon
I would like to see a king baboon in threat posture (3D type of course) on someones side. If I were ever to get a tat, that would be it!!

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'll be getting either a Pokie somewhere on my body or my wife and kids name above my heart this birthday :)

Gotta get me a Pokie somewhere though! :D

ZombieGal

Arachnopeon
She asked for feed back I gave it; personally I'd go with P. rufilata but my girlfriend would killl me if I got a tarantula inked where she could always see it.
Hah, you should tell her its YOUR body! My boyfriend wouldn't care what i got tattood anywhere, haha.

I would like to see a king baboon in threat posture (3D type of course) on someones side. If I were ever to get a tat, that would be it!!
That'd be REALLY cool! I was thinking the 2 near the hip and ribs would give a bit more of a femanine appeal to the tattoo though.

I'll be getting either a Pokie somewhere on my body or my wife and kids name above my heart this birthday :)

Gotta get me a Pokie somewhere though! :D
That'd be a really cool! When are you starting on that?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think I am going to have to get me a P. irminia somewhere on me...

P.S. Tats on the rib cage do not hurt that bad! ;)

SarahAntula

Arachnopeon
Opinions?

Thanks!
That sounds really awesome!! :clap:
Like your idea with the sparrows.
I wanted to get a sparrow on my rib cage.
I like the idea of it going from hip to ribcage.. are you going to have some little T traveling foot prints inked from hip to ribcage?
So cool.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
I have tats on each side of my chest and it hurt worse there than anywhere else I have them. I have 42 total and definately chest hurt the worse

ZombieGal

Arachnopeon
February but lots of things to put money to before it happens.. Sacrifices, lol :)
Haha, understandable! Tattoos aren't cheap, that's for sure.

That'd be cool. i'd imagine any p. would be awesome as a tatt, they just have such pretty markings.

I hope not! I have a good pain threshold, so i think i'll be okay!

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

That honestly depends on how much "slow cook" you have on them there ribs Tommy :D

aquaArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The thought of a T tat has come across my mind but wouldn't know what species/where to get it