Tarantula tattoo thread?

Tentacle Toast

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter +
I was just browsing through, & saw a member here post a picture of an absolutely WILD tattoo she has. I'm a member of a cephalop forum with just such a thread dedicated to its member's ceph tattoos, & it's always a hit when someone posts new ink.

Seems this lot shares more that a little bit with that lot, at least with my initial observations here. As such, I'd wager a sum that her's isn't the only arachnid related tattoo in the crowd.

Just a thought.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
I don’t even have a spider tattoo, but I’m breathless with anticipation here!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was just browsing through, & saw a member here post a picture of an absolutely WILD tattoo she has. I'm a member of a cephalop forum with just such a thread dedicated to its member's ceph tattoos, & it's always a hit when someone posts new ink.

Seems this lot shares more that a little bit with that lot, at least with my initial observations here. As such, I'd wager a sum that her's isn't the only arachnid related tattoo in the crowd.

Just a thought.
I’d rather observe a cephalopod than a tat of one. And I know some cephalopods are smarter than the people with tats of them.

Tentacle Toast

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter +
I’d rather observe a cephalopod than a tat of one. And I know some cephalopods are smarter than the people with tats of them.
LoL, very true. However, such forums can sometimes grow somewhat monotonous to a certain degree, to the point where it's almost refreshing to engage in bickering over some aspect of the hobby (or is it impassioned care taking?), than complain about ANOTHER new guy that's yet to discover the search bar for answers to a question on which myriad threads already exist. Over there, while not everyone had ink, that thread certainly seemed to inflate the sense of comradery for those that did participate, & generated a fair amount of "likes" from some who didn't...but maybe just appreciated the art, or wanted to tell a friend "that's cool!"

Like I said, just a thought. I don't know this place well yet, so maybe that's the last thing it needs.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
@Asgiliath, I remember you shared a T tat a little while ago...
I did! Right after I got it but also shared it in a thread yesterday. I wish I could find the first one. It looked so bright and vivid.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
I have a vast amount of ink. Have a scorp tat but not a spider one (yet)...odd as I don't keep scorps 😆

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I did! Right after I got it but also shared it in a thread yesterday. I wish I could find the first one. It looked so bright and vivid.

You can’t even remember where your first tattoo is, this is concerning. I suggest a mirror assuming you’ll recognize it.

Tentacle Toast

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter +
I have a vast amount of ink. Have a scorp tat but not a spider one (yet)...odd as I don't keep scores 😆
Man, I've recently been back in touch with an old friend that started getting inked up back in middle school with the home made stuff (early 90's when "KO" on the middle & ring fingers was all the rage); didn't really delve, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he had less bare skin than not..even all around his neck..

Pyroxian

Arachnophobophiliac
I have a vast amount of ink. Have a scorp tat but not a spider one (yet)...odd as I don't keep scorps 😆
That's funny. I actually only have 3 distinct tats myself, 2 of them are scorpions but I don't and have never kept them.

LoL, see? If only I used that search bar...
...oh well, chalk it up to the moisture behind my ears ;)
I'm pretty sure that unless you have already opted-in to the watering hole, it wouldn't have shown in search results anyway. Just figured it was worth referencing since there's like 5 pages of tattoo talk and pictures there already.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
We might get this moved to The Watering Hole or merged with the other tattoo thread there but this is my favorite of mine. I wanted to get something unique (but not corny) for a friend who passed. We had an "inside joke" about bats making french toast and
97374CFC-DF76-4F8F-880C-C0C02BB2168D.jpeg

Kitara

Arachnodemon
I'm ready for a new one and I was thinking of something tarantula themed. I just can't decide. It will cover most of my forearm.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I'm ready for a new one and I was thinking of something tarantula themed. I just can't decide. It will cover most of my forearm.
Go for it! I would support a tarantula sleeve!

I'm not one for that many but -- it really helps to have a good relationship with an artist. I've gone to the same guy since my first and I get huge discounts (also probably because I tip well 😉). I always go in with a budget and ask what he can do with it. The lividus tattoo took 1 hr 45 minutes and he charged me for an hour and did a great job! (His stall in the shop is adorned with his paintings so he is passionate about the kind of work.) He also does free touch ups.

Anyway, yeah get friendly with a shop or a certain artist that does good work and you will likely be treated. Especially, at small operations.

Last edited:

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Go for it! I would support a tarantula sleeve!

I'm not one for that many but -- it really helps to have a good relationship with an artist. I've gone to the same guy since my first and I get huge discounts (also probably because I tip well 😉). I always go in with a budget and ask what he can do with it. The lividus tattoo took 1 hr 45 minutes and he charged me for an hour and did a great job! (His stall in the shop is adorned with his paintings so he is passionate about the kind of work.) He also does free touch ups.

Anyway, yeah get friendly with a shop or a certain artist that does good work and you will likely be treated. Especially, at small operations.)
I move so much so I don't have a regular, but I'm hoping to get some work done by a guy that did my wrists about 10 years ago. They still look so good and I've tracked him down to a shop about 5 hours from me. Now I just have to decide on a design lol.