Tarantula tat!!

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Seriously considering a tarantula tattoo. Any votes on the best looking species to inject into my skin?;)

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Thrigmopoeus psychedelicus, Xenesthis sp. Blue, Avicularia diversipes, Pamphobeteus ultarmurinus......

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Brachypelma vagans. Classic XD Jk, depends. I love my Chilobrachys fimbriatus, and that could be a great tatoo :D

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Seriously considering a tarantula tattoo. Any votes on the best looking species to inject into my skin?;)
If there is one that is special to you, I'd go with that.

But speaking purely of aesthetics, something with high contrast and colors that don't quickly fade. Poecilotheria regalis comes to mind.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Nothing. Just put a Polaroid picture of a Theraphosidae on your arm and replace that every 15 days with other T's pics... this way tomorrow you wouldn't regret for life the wrong tattoo on your skin, or the cash for laser that :troll:

mistertim

Arachnobaron
What will happen if you decide to get out of the hobby for whatever reason?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
What will happen if you decide to get out of the hobby for whatever reason?
As someone who has much ink, allow me to explain :cigar:
Whether or not you stay at a point in your life, it contributed to who you are. I no longer play an instrument, but I don't regret my music tattoos. Music helped me become who I am. It'll always be a part of you, may as well wear it as art.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
As someone who has much ink, allow me to explain :cigar:
Whether or not you stay at a point in your life, it contributed to who you are. I no longer play an instrument, but I don't regret my music tattoos. Music helped me become who I am. It'll always be a part of you, may as well wear it as art.
I like that:)

And I agree, tattoos aren't for everyone. But I think our society still pins this vibe of "regret" on them, which probably comes from people getting ink who shouldn't be doing it in the first place.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Nothing. Just put a Polaroid picture of a Theraphosidae on your arm and replace that every 15 days with other T's pics... this way tomorrow you wouldn't regret for life the wrong tattoo on your skin, or the cash for laser that :troll:
Laser is only useful if you tattoo your ex's name across your forehead or something. Even if a tattoo ends up sucking, I would never justify spending the dough on laser unless it was REALLY worth ito_O

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You're in LA? Do you already have a tattoo artist? I know a really good one. She covered my wife in flower and bug tattoos and did a really good job.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Tattoos are the poor person's way of investing in art. ROFL!
Seriously, I've thought of having a pokie applied. Sadly, artists around here aren't talented enough for me to get one done. :(

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Whether or not you stay at a point in your life, it contributed to who you are.
I have several as well and each were obtained at different parts of my life when I was in a different place. And, while they might not be an accurate representation of the me of today, they show how the me of today got here. I might not get some of them tattooed on me today, but I regret none of them.
Also, where I have them signifies the gradual acceptance of tattoos by society throughout my life as well - from completely hidden for the first few, to completely visible for the last few.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Tattoos are the poor person's way of investing in art. ROFL!
I have a small collection of art, and my tattoos are leaps and bounds more expensive than anything else I own! For my sleeve alone, it was $2500. And I've got much more than a single sleeve.

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
I got one but, it means more than "I like spoders". I would go for the species I feel the most connection to. Your "spirit spider"

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
Ah damn i was really excited at first and thought that you have found some tarantula tat (tat as in cheap junk items or whatever .-.)

As for a species i'd go with a H. pulchripes because why not