Tarantula still stretching almost a month later?

tarantellaX

Arachnopeon
My G. Rosea molted for the first time after having it for a year. It was my first T. And it's not the first T. I have owned that molted. The others (P. Murinus and A. Seemani) did it fine, however they only stretched for a week or so. My Rosea has been sitting in the corner he molted in, for about a month now, and is still stretching. I had to due to re-doing that room, move his tank father down the wall and when I sat it down, he was rotated into the opposite corner, but then ran to the corner he was in before, just on the other side of the tank. So he likes being away from the wall for whatever reason. But kept up with the stretching and still is. He must be drinking water when I'm not around because the water dish is going down. But still, after this week, it will be a month and a week he has been doing the post molt yoga stuff. He stands, he squats, he stretches the right side, the left, the front, the back, he climbs and does positions on the wall, then back down. Is this normal for adult T's or is something up I need to be concerned about?

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
He's just being his normal rose self. This species doesnt really do....much..besides sitting around "stretching" lol.

robd

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would agree, definitely typical rose hair activity here. I've seen mine doing the pokie here and there too. It's actually pretty funny looking. I have a B boehmei that molted about a week ago and she's still doing the stretch.

Speaking of rose hairs though, I have one that finally molted and unfortunately also ended up a female (I have 3 now and no males). This happened at least two weeks ago. I went to feed her last night and she didn't even bust out the fangs. Very uncharacteristic. I looked a little closer and the area around her fangs still had that white, I-just-molted coloring to it.

I wonder what's up with that. Maybe it just takes some longer than others to harden up? Since she's probalby a pet store rosie (I got her off craigslist) I'll never really know how old she is, but she's not as big as my near six-incher. What I'm getting at is maybe older T's take longer to harden?

PS- not trying to hijack the thread... just wondering if anyone had a T take this long to do that.

tarantellaX

Arachnopeon
I would agree, definitely typical rose hair activity here. I've seen mine doing the pokie here and there too. It's actually pretty funny looking. I have a B boehmei that molted about a week ago and she's still doing the stretch.

Speaking of rose hairs though, I have one that finally molted and unfortunately also ended up a female (I have 3 now and no males). This happened at least two weeks ago. I went to feed her last night and she didn't even bust out the fangs. Very uncharacteristic. I looked a little closer and the area around her fangs still had that white, I-just-molted coloring to it.

I wonder what's up with that. Maybe it just takes some longer than others to harden up? Since she's probalby a pet store rosie (I got her off craigslist) I'll never really know how old she is, but she's not as big as my near six-incher. What I'm getting at is maybe older T's take longer to harden?

PS- not trying to hijack the thread... just wondering if anyone had a T take this long to do that.
My question got answered so hijack away haha. When my Rosie molted this last month the white didnt go away for a good week in a half...and its still not eating yet. Just give it a little more time and see if there is any change?

robd

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah I'll be sure to wait awhile before trying to feed again. She'll probably get there soon enough.

webbedone

Arachnobaron
yep typical rosie alright mine is about to molt too let you know how long it takes her if this thread is still around but i wouldnt worry about it at all.