Tarantula Spitting?

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
"...products of digestion that the tarantula couldn't extract, and excess salts. Enthusiasts sometimes call it the tarantula's "spit ball,"..."
I was watching my tarantula (G. Pulchra 1.25" sling) on the plastic container's wall. There was this weird water "blotch" on the wall that (this is the best way to describe where it is) was in front of his fangs. I touched him and he moved away, but I don't know what the water thing is. Is it the tarantula's spit ball? Or should I be extremely worried?

Vespula

Arachnodemon
I honestly don't know... I've never even heard of tarantulas spitting.:confused:

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Sorry! I wish I could be more helpful... Maybe it's just a little puke?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Tarantulas do salivate.

They do NOT spit it at you, but they do engage in activities smiliar to what you describe.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Tarantulas do salivate.

They do NOT spit it at you, but they do engage in activities smiliar to what you describe.

What about this Tarantula? I heard it spits and can blind you! :eek:

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Tarantulas do salivate.

Thanks for the info. I think that's what it was. Anyways, it's not at me/. It's on the container.

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I only have to out-run you. Is 130lb. fat? I hope it doesn't think so:eek:

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have seen a couple of my spiders do what you described. It looked like a drop of water and they just let it go on the glass. It was a couple of Avics if I'm not mistaken.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Tarantulas do this from time to time, as mentioned earlier it isnt actually spitting at you, it is just simply cleaning out its mouth parts, its completely normal and nothing to worry about at all.

Kraine

Arachnosquire
My G. pulchra sling just did this after I held it and put it back for the first time. At first I thought it was threatening me with venom, haha. But perhaps it just felt dirty and wanted to clean its mouth out, lol.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Hm... my sling keeps doing this. Just spits out a droplet of clear fluid right in front of its mouth on the plastic. Sure this is normal? Might it be a sign of stress, or am I worrying too much?