Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Tarantula Shaking Back and Forth

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Ijk24, May 13, 2016.

1. Ijk24

Ijk24 Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    Hey , I recently just fed my LP a Darkling Beetle and while she's eating she appears to be shaking . What does this mean?

Attached Files:

2. Flexzone

Flexzone Arachnodemon

Ive seen that to with my T's as they are pulling prey up from the feeding mat, Its just them keeping their equilibrium and once they do they stop, nothing to worry about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Would you be able to post a video? A static image doesn't show motion :D

If not, can you describe the shaking? Is there a pattern to it, or does it appear random? What parts of the body, front, back left right etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Nothing to worry about. If you put some music on you can make a T dance video ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ijk24

Ijk24 Arachnosquire

She moves her whole body left and right

6. Flexzone

Flexzone Arachnodemon

Auditioning for "Dancing with the T's" perhaps :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. edesign

edesign AB FB Group Moderatr Old Timer

If it's what I'm imagining then nothing's wrong, sometimes mine do that for a little bit. Just flair for the Happy Dance :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Well, if it's what I THINK it is, you have nothing to worry about. I see many of mine do the same thing. Again, no video, can't say for sure. However, if you haven't observed other behavior that is odd, and it's eating/drinking normally etc, I wouldn't worry.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor

all my Ts do a little feeding waltz after snagging a prey item, not sure why, but maybe its them beginning to regurgitate digestive juices onto the prey item, as thats how they break it down. little theory of mine. no reason to worry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yeah shake that booty baby.:D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. MrsHaas

MrsHaas Arachnoangel

She just twerkin

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Exoskeleton Invertebrates Arachnoprince Old Timer

She's laying silk of web while she's eating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. grimmjowls

grimmjowls Arachnoknight

My partner always called it their "happy dance" while they lay down silk and start eating.

• Like Like x 1
  14. darkness975

darkness975 dream reaper Arachnosupporter

This. @Ijk24 I doubt you have anything to worry about unless you notice odd behavior during non feeding times.

15. MrsHaas

MrsHaas Arachnoangel

Yes, she's just "happy dancing" (which is really just her laying down a feeding mat) while she eats. Ts do that. Personally, I love watching them do the wiggle haha

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. "Do the locomotion with me..."

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Roxy

Roxy Arachnopeon

Yeah I just saw my Aphonopelma chalcodes doing this. She already had her roach grasped in her fangs and when I looked really close to her butt wiggle, I saw her spinnerets moving with very fine silk coming out. But why do they lay the silk down if they're already eating?

18. ThatsUnpossible

ThatsUnpossible Arachnosquire

UK
    Doggy bag? Wrapping for bolus? Anybody know?

This thread’s pretty old, btw.

19. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

Tarantulas basically eat by puking digestive fluid onto the prey, mashing it up with their chelicerae and then sucking out the liquefied insides.

Webbing helps hold it all together.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Award Award x 1
  20. Roxy

Roxy Arachnopeon

Neat. That makes sense. To be honest, I'm a noob; so, I appreciate any help I can get. I want to make sure that my Ts get the best care I can give. I just joined this forum so some of the older posts I'm just now seeing.
    Thank you so much for explaining!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.