Tarantula Shaking Back and Forth

Ijk24

Arachnosquire
Hey , I recently just fed my LP a Darkling Beetle and while she's eating she appears to be shaking . What does this mean?

Attachments

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
Ive seen that to with my T's as they are pulling prey up from the feeding mat, Its just them keeping their equilibrium and once they do they stop, nothing to worry about.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Would you be able to post a video? A static image doesn't show motion :D

If not, can you describe the shaking? Is there a pattern to it, or does it appear random? What parts of the body, front, back left right etc.

Ijk24

Arachnosquire
Would you be able to post a video? A static image doesn't show motion :D

If not, can you describe the shaking? Is there a pattern to it, or does it appear random? What parts of the body, front, back left right etc.
She moves her whole body left and right

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She moves her whole body left and right
Well, if it's what I THINK it is, you have nothing to worry about. I see many of mine do the same thing. Again, no video, can't say for sure. However, if you haven't observed other behavior that is odd, and it's eating/drinking normally etc, I wouldn't worry.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
all my Ts do a little feeding waltz after snagging a prey item, not sure why, but maybe its them beginning to regurgitate digestive juices onto the prey item, as thats how they break it down. little theory of mine. no reason to worry.

grimmjowls

Arachnoknight
My partner always called it their "happy dance" while they lay down silk and start eating.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My partner always called it their "happy dance" while they lay down silk and start eating.
Yes, she's just "happy dancing" (which is really just her laying down a feeding mat) while she eats. Ts do that. Personally, I love watching them do the wiggle haha

Roxy

Arachnopeon
She's laying silk of web while she's eating.
Yeah I just saw my Aphonopelma chalcodes doing this. She already had her roach grasped in her fangs and when I looked really close to her butt wiggle, I saw her spinnerets moving with very fine silk coming out. But why do they lay the silk down if they're already eating?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Yeah I just saw my Aphonopelma chalcodes doing this. She already had her roach grasped in her fangs and when I looked really close to her butt wiggle, I saw her spinnerets moving with very fine silk coming out. But why do they lay the silk down if they're already eating?

Tarantulas basically eat by puking digestive fluid onto the prey, mashing it up with their chelicerae and then sucking out the liquefied insides.

Webbing helps hold it all together.

Roxy

Arachnopeon
Tarantulas basically eat by puking digestive fluid onto the prey, mashing it up with their chelicerae and then sucking out the liquefied insides.

Neat. That makes sense. To be honest, I'm a noob; so, I appreciate any help I can get. I want to make sure that my Ts get the best care I can give. I just joined this forum so some of the older posts I'm just now seeing.
Thank you so much for explaining!