Tarantula seems dead... Other than being alive

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
Okay, a little update on Harry:
We are officially over four weeks into owning this little guy, and there hasn’t been much change. He’s still lethargic and from what I can see, still in desperate need of a molt. He hasn’t eaten at all in those four weeks which does NOT concern me because *cough cough* he be ~THICC~ right now. But he spends 90% of his time in or on the edges of his water dish (he’s in it tonight). I was worried about him possibly being impacted, but there’s poop in the walls and in the water (dogammit).

Any ideas???
27488733-629A-439E-92D3-B23448983BA2.jpeg 67443E43-1DDA-41BD-BEFE-BBCADBE36DD6.jpeg D0C1D78A-3BAD-47B4-9957-F3DFBC42448F.jpeg

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
Okay, a little update on Harry:
We are officially over four weeks into owning this little guy, and there hasn’t been much change. He’s still lethargic and from what I can see, still in desperate need of a molt. He hasn’t eaten at all in those four weeks which does NOT concern me because *cough cough* he be ~THICC~ right now. But he spends 90% of his time in or on the edges of his water dish (he’s in it tonight). I was worried about him possibly being impacted, but there’s poop in the walls and in the water (dogammit).

Any ideas???
View attachment 404903 View attachment 404904 View attachment 404905
That is one chonky tarantula. Like, you could fit a whole bucket of crickets in that trunk.

My father would ask you if it’s a Kardashian.

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
Also, first tarantula I was ever in close contact with was a G. rosea/porteri and it’s name was Harry too!
Until it lived 15+ years. Then she became Hariette - Hari for short.

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
That is one chonky tarantula. Like, you could fit a whole bucket of crickets in that trunk.

My father would ask you if it’s a Kardashian.
Bahahaha agreed!! That’s why I initially hoped/thought it was a female, but no, it’s definitely a boy. A big, chonky, fat bootied and hopefully not impacted boy. As my personal favorite firefly, Ray, would say, “The women like a man with a big back porch!” 😂:smug: (Name that movie)

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
Also, first tarantula I was ever in close contact with was a G. rosea/porteri and it’s name was Harry too!
Until it lived 15+ years. Then she became Hariette - Hari for short.
He’s my 8-year olds first t! She’s a Potter fan, hence, Harry the Hairy Tarantula 😎

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Bahahaha agreed!! That’s why I initially hoped/thought it was a female, but no, it’s definitely a boy. A big, chonky, fat bootied and hopefully not impacted boy. As my personal favorite firefly, Ray, would say, “The women like a man with a big back porch!” 😂:smug: (Name that movie)
Princess and the Frog!

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
He’s my 8-year olds first t! She’s a Potter fan, hence, Harry the Hairy Tarantula 😎
You have taught your offspring well. I applaud you.

I failed horribly. My oldest, who turns 12 in like 11 days, asked me who Jim Carey was the other day and I have never been more ashamed of myself in my life. I sat her down and made her watch Ace Ventura and The Mask. She did not enjoy Ace Ventura 🤣

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter

I failed horribly. My oldest, who turns 12 in like 11 days, asked me who Jim Carey was the other day and I have never been more ashamed of myself in my life. I sat her down and made her watch Ace Ventura and The Mask. She did not enjoy Ace Ventura 🤣
Lol!! Ace Ventura is a bit much! I can take old Jim Carey in very small doses!

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
Lol!! Ace Ventura is a bit much! I can take old Jim Carey in very small doses!
I like his old stuff for the nostalgia factor. I grew up on Ace Ventura, The Truman Show, The Mask, etc. Same reason I rewatch Bevis and Butthead on a rare occasion.
I’m a 30 year old millennial full of existential dread - I’ll hold onto my childhood comedies 🤣

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I knew it. I knew it would be you or Craig that called the movie title 🤣
That's a good one!! Yep, I'm 41 and still watch cartoons on occasion. I think the appeal of that one is the Louisiana setting. Love all things cajun!

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
That's a good one!! Yep, I'm 41 and still watch cartoons on occasion. I think the appeal of that one is the Louisiana setting. Love all things cajun!
Hey, nothing wrong with staying connected to your inner child.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
Princess and the Frog!
Well done sir! 😁 I would say it’s a favorite of ours but we watch all Disney movie with embarrassing enthusiasm lol

THANK YOU. Lol a healthy respect for bugs and an attitude are my great contributions to the kid.
And she can quote every line of “Liar Liar” with me. The best of Jim Carrey’s nostalgic classics in my opinion, but Ace is a close second!