Tarantula Question

jaehustlin

Arachnopeon
ok i just got my first T (A. avic) and it is missing the first 2 legs on the left side i believe its about 1.5 - 2 in. i was wondering if it will regrow them when it molts or what...

and another thing... it eats anything that i put in his cage.. can i overfeed it or what

thanks jae

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
ok i just got my first T (A. avic) and it is missing the first 2 legs on the left side i believe its about 1.5 - 2 in. i was wondering if it will regrow them when it molts or what...

and another thing... it eats anything that i put in his cage.. can i overfeed it or what

thanks jae
hey just search it man or pick the tarantula keppers guide and there your anwser man

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes it will re-grow them with a molt of two, and 1 food item a week should suffice.

gbbgirl

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You can feed it a ton but...

Over feeding, in my experience, will cause them to accelerate their growth, but also accelerated their death. My first T, a gbb, died after only 1 year, as it mature early due to my excessive feeding. Now I have a slower feeding regiment. 1 time per week for sub adults and 1 time every 2 weeks for adults. Everyone is healthy and happy.

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You have a young Aviculara Aviculara, feed it every 3 days and it'll grow back in a few molts. Depending on the breeder you bought it from, it's probably not that old where powerfeeding will hurt it.

toidy

Arachnosquire
the legs will regrow in a molt or 2.. you can power feed but hope its a female.. lol;)