Tarantula Over-eating

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No you cant. Your T will stop eating when its full. Some people power feed their T to make them grow faster.

superfunTtime

Arachnopeon
Ok good. I fed mine 1 cricket a night for 2 nights in a row, skipped a night and then fed him a monster cricket today. He has been eating the big cricket for like3 hours now and still isnt done. I will probably let him digest for the better part of a week before I give him any more. His abdomen is so swollen I bet he will make a giant poop that will wake me in the night. :D

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is the same T i have, 2.5" Avic Avic, she usually eats multiple times a week(crickets). She ate her first Superworm on Wed the 2nd and hasn't ate sense. So they pretty much eat when they want.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Picture me! want to see if my Ts web looks like yours.

superfunTtime

Arachnopeon
I took a few pictures and I think I made him grumpy. The web doesn't show up on the pics at all and they're a bit blurry too. Sorry.

Going to upload and see how they look any way.

Last edited:

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine made a corner nest, i am a little worried when she molts she is going to stay in her burrow and get stuck or something :confused:

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I could see somewhat, yeah mines webbing is alot different then that, i also need to get her some kind of fake or real plant tomorrow.

superfunTtime

Arachnopeon
I read that in the wild an Avic avic likes broad leaves to make web tunnels, but I have also seen people do no plants at all and stand up some cork bark inside the enclosure and that seems to work fine too. And the plants I have are silk, not real, so I don't think you need to worry about finding live plants in case you were wondering.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I guess i can look for cork bark at the store tomorrow, its a good idea. i do need to pick up a few things. including thongs, 2 little containers for my 2 new G. Pulchripes slings :D im getting friday.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I guess i can look for cork bark at the store tomorrow, its a good idea. i do need to pick up a few things. including thongs, 2 little containers for my 2 new G. Pulchripes slings :D im getting friday.
Thongs you say?