Tarantula Over-eating

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
No you cant. Your T will stop eating when its full. Some people power feed their T to make them grow faster.

superfunTtime

Arachnopeon
Ok good. I fed mine 1 cricket a night for 2 nights in a row, skipped a night and then fed him a monster cricket today. He has been eating the big cricket for like3 hours now and still isnt done. I will probably let him digest for the better part of a week before I give him any more. His abdomen is so swollen I bet he will make a giant poop that will wake me in the night. :D

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
That is the same T i have, 2.5" Avic Avic, she usually eats multiple times a week(crickets). She ate her first Superworm on Wed the 2nd and hasn't ate sense. So they pretty much eat when they want.

superfunTtime

Arachnopeon
I took a few pictures and I think I made him grumpy. The web doesn't show up on the pics at all and they're a bit blurry too. Sorry.

Going to upload and see how they look any way.

Last edited:

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Mine made a corner nest, i am a little worried when she molts she is going to stay in her burrow and get stuck or something :confused:

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
I could see somewhat, yeah mines webbing is alot different then that, i also need to get her some kind of fake or real plant tomorrow.

superfunTtime

Arachnopeon
I read that in the wild an Avic avic likes broad leaves to make web tunnels, but I have also seen people do no plants at all and stand up some cork bark inside the enclosure and that seems to work fine too. And the plants I have are silk, not real, so I don't think you need to worry about finding live plants in case you were wondering.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
I guess i can look for cork bark at the store tomorrow, its a good idea. i do need to pick up a few things. including thongs, 2 little containers for my 2 new G. Pulchripes slings :D im getting friday.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I guess i can look for cork bark at the store tomorrow, its a good idea. i do need to pick up a few things. including thongs, 2 little containers for my 2 new G. Pulchripes slings :D im getting friday.
Thongs you say?