tarantula on Marshall's cover

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
Know, I know its an Avicularia of some sort, but which one? WOW! Fuscia colored!

Peace,
Gillian

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gillian
Hi all,
Know, I know its an Avicularia of some sort, but which one? WOW! Fuscia colored!

Peace,
Gillian

I meant Now, not "Know I know.." Hectic Monday..sorry...:8o

Peace,
Gillian

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
If you're talking about the second edition of his book, it's a versicolor :)

Scott

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Versi

Yes it's a beautiful versicolor and the colors are 100% accurate (when you shine a light on them)

Here is a pic of my adult female taken just after mating. I had a great night breeding list night, in addition hookups with both versi's and a few other species. Beautiful purple back legs and abdomen and the green in my pix is more vivid than the pic on the book cover.

N-Joy
Art

Last edited:

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by mrderanged
If you're talking about the second edition of his book, it's a versicolor :)

Scott
Scott,
The edition I have does say that there was another edition, in 1996. What a beauty of a t! (The only other T I say that about is my C. fasciatum.)

Thanks...
Gillian

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Re: Versi

Originally posted by Midwest Art
Yes it's a beautiful versicolor and the colors are 100% accurate (when you shine a light on them)

Here is a pic of my adult female taken just after mating. I had a great night breeding list night, in addition hookups with both versi's and a few other species. Beautiful purple back legs and abdomen and the green in my pix is more vivid than the pic on the book cover.

N-Joy
Art

Good luck on your eggsacs..:)

Peace,
Gillian
p.s., thanks for sharing the pic..

(oh the wheels of t acquisition grind ever on)...

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gillian
Hi all,

Peace,
Gillian
FYI, they look completely different as lings......electric fuzzy blue and black....I would take pics but the little buggers love to do a runner as soon as I pop the top from their pill vials.....
here is a pic of one of my adults.....
Ed

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Re: Re: tarantula on Marshall's cover

Originally posted by atavuss
FYI, they look completely different as lings......electric fuzzy blue and black....I would take pics but the little buggers love to do a runner as soon as I pop the top from their pill vials.....
here is a pic of one of my adults.....
Ed
Are they similar, behavior-wise, to a A. Avicularia? Mine has always been mellow and sweet.

Peace,
Gillian

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I thought I had a pic of my a. versi, she's about 1.5 inches now, but I can't find it. It was a webcam pic anyway, she is very fast and just waits for me to open the lid! I should change her name to houdini :D but anyway, if I do find a pic I will post it.

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And here's mine as it is today, still got the mite problem (see chelicerae), but it doesn't seem to bother him/her at all.
ow, yeah: one Euro is just under an inch in diameter