Tarantula obsession

Vespula

Arachnodemon
I was just wondering if anyone else likes to show around pictures of their tarantulas to random friends and family. Personally, each of my spiders has a little "brag book" that is filled with pictures of them from the time they were slings. I also have a big photo album full of pictures of them and one of my t's is my cell phone back ground. Does anyone else do this? Show pictures to everyone they see? Everyone at the pet store I get my crickets from knows my t's now. lol.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
uh, not quite to that extent? i think moult records are a part of good husbandry, personally. also, i can say i'm pretty sure i know all of the T owners that come into the petstore i work at now, even though we hardly specialize in them. and yeah, ngl, i show my coworkers and fb friends pics of mine. lastly, my cellphone background is this pic of an OBT threat pose macroed to say "is can it be hugs tiem nao?" :eek:

i feel kind of embarassed now, but eh, if anyone's going to get it it'll be you guys...

Last edited:

Vespula

Arachnodemon
That's so cute with the hugz time! {D Very adorable! ... maybe I'm the first person to call a threat pose "Cute" but :D

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's so cute with the hugz time! {D Very adorable! ... maybe I'm the first person to call a threat pose "Cute" but :D
ahaha no way you're on a T forum, we live for the threat poses of adorableness!

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Yeah! almost makes me wish one of my t's would throw one... just once.;)

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
imo, i think my 1" pulchripes sling's threat poses are cute, my OBT is another matter entirely. i've seen her decide to repeatedly strike at cork for no apparent reason :confused:

her threats are SRS B GUYS, and i'm sure her hugs HURT.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Yeah. "I'll hug you... but you'll get a hand full of venom for it!":D

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Threat postures are the most precious thing evar ! I loved it when my G. pulchripes did it as a sling {D

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When my brother was looking at one of my little Ts doing a threat pose, I said, "How cute. He thinks he's Goliath birdeater!" My brother laughed. He knows what it is..just not the Latin.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Hehehe. I got a threat pose from my rosie yesterday... {D ultimately cute!!!

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
My H. lividum held one for 20 minutes two days ago because I accidently bumped her web while feeding her a cricket . . . . she didn't go back to normal until the second cricket jumped on top of her . . . . stupid little cricket ;P

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had a 1" H.mac sling that I named Scrappy! When I first got it, I unpacked it like every other slings I have received... In the middle of a big plastic bin so I can let them loose and run for a sec to inspect. 90% of all slings run to the edge and pretend they are hiding. Oh no... Not the h.mac! She was smack dab in the middle waiting for a fight! I grabbed the vial and a paint brush to shoo her in. She turned around and started slapping at the brush! (hence the name Scrappy was born.)

Vespula

Arachnodemon
I had a 1" H.mac sling that I named Scrappy! When I first got it, I unpacked it like every other slings I have received... In the middle of a big plastic bin so I can let them loose and run for a sec to inspect. 90% of all slings run to the edge and pretend they are hiding. Oh no... Not the h.mac! She was smack dab in the middle waiting for a fight! I grabbed the vial and a paint brush to shoo her in. She turned around and started slapping at the brush! (hence the name Scrappy was born.)
aww, that's adorable!

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's the funniest thing when my rosea gives me threat poses because it takes it like a whole minute to get turned around and then another thirty seconds to get in it's threat pose. Then it holds that pose for like two seconds. All that energy for two seconds of threat. {D

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
I can't remember the last time I actually printed a picture, but I post them in my pic thread here and on facebook and one of my websites.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
okay, here's something that actually shows my obsession.

i've been really leery to buy things online because i've already had a brief brush with identity theft and some shady transactions i have no idea how occured, but this hobby has actually given me the courage to make me pop that cherry, i guess is the best way to put it.

i'm 23 and i have now officially bought something online. i feel like a real grown up with her own credit card now, lol.

but, on the flip side, now i am full of anxious worry that somehow i will be the one person that has tragedy befall them out of all of those positive reviews the seller has recieved. /dread :(