Tarantula not exploring much

mcmitch92

Arachnopeon
My T isn't doing much exploring he is just on the ceiling has moved a little bit as you may know from previous posts my T has only been here 2 days so I'm assuming he's stressed out still the substrate is pretty much bone dry which is what I was told brachypelma boehmei (not sure I spelt that right) like, there is a little moisture but the substrate is still pretty much like dust I have made some more really dry substrate and put it on one side I can't do the other side as I don't wanna disturb fang too much is there any tips anyone has? The moisture is all I can think that might be an issue as that's what I've read on other threads is worse comes to worse I'm getting a spare Viv which I could transfer him to that in a few days time and maybe dry the substrate abit more

thatdadlife619

Arachnoknight
If the enclosure is brand new to the spider it can take weeks, sometimes longer, for it to get acclimated to its new home. Walking on the ceiling is totally normal, just easing in slowly. I’m sure the substrate isn’t the issue as that t should do fine dry. Just be patient, and make sure the substrate is at the appropriate height in case the t takes a spill from the lid there won’t be an injury.

mcmitch92

Arachnopeon
If the enclosure is brand new to the spider it can take weeks, sometimes longer, for it to get acclimated to its new home. Walking on the ceiling is totally normal, just easing in slowly. I’m sure the substrate isn’t the issue as that t should do fine dry. Just be patient, and make sure the substrate is at the appropriate height in case the t takes a spill from the lid there won’t be an injury.
I thought that was the case as spiders do climb and I'm guessing it's avoiding the possibility of being eaten by a predator, the drop from ceiling to substrate is the length of the spider apart from one spot as fang was in the way and didn't wanna disturb him lol it's cool he's on the lid though I can look at his lil fangs 🤩

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My T isn't doing much exploring he is just on the ceiling has moved a little bit as you may know from previous posts my T has only been here 2 days so I'm assuming he's stressed out still the substrate is pretty much bone dry which is what I was told brachypelma boehmei (not sure I spelt that right) like, there is a little moisture but the substrate is still pretty much like dust I have made some more really dry substrate and put it on one side I can't do the other side as I don't wanna disturb fang too much is there any tips anyone has? The moisture is all I can think that might be an issue as that's what I've read on other threads is worse comes to worse I'm getting a spare Viv which I could transfer him to that in a few days time and maybe dry the substrate abit more
Search the forum this has been addressed millions of times.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yea I keep posting and then afterwards my brain goes 🧠💭 search bar....duh 🤣
Well after all those questions you should have a new search approach that will allow you to get answers faster than waiting here.

Also, you can search AB specifically using google w/the the below convention. Now you have no reason not to have a flawless search.

Enter site:www.website.com