Tarantula not drinking water

Cheese

Arachnopeon
Hello, I am very new in the tarantula keeping hobby. My question is, is it okay/normal for a tarantula to go a 7+ days without drinking water? I know it’s fine if tarantulas goes months without eating but I couldn’t find anything that said how long they can go without drinking water. If they can’t go long without drinking water, how should I try to offer water to my tarantula then because so far, from what I’ve seen she’s never had even a sip of water from her bowl.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
1 Yes

2 also, unless you watch 24/7 you have no way of knowing if they drink

3 they can go a long time without water if they are well fed

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
It's rare you'll actually see them take a sip from their bowl, as long as its there if they want it then there's nothing to worry about.

They get most of their moisture from food and you're most likely to see them drinking post molt when they lose the most moisture anyway.

Usually the battle is keeping up with them filling the bowl with dirt 😅

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Usually the only times I catch mine drinking are just before and/or just after moulting, they don't drink a huge amount anyway so you won't notice the water level in the dish going down by any sort of significant amount unless something is causing the water to wick out (webbing or stray bits of sub/moss).