Tarantula needs help??

Bri4891

Arachnopeon
My tarantula is a green bottled blue. She/he idk what the sex is. But it has his or her legs curled underneath but still moving but not very much. I need your help to answer my question of what is he or she doing??

Attachments

Andy00

Arachnoknight
That doesn't look like a gbb. That looks a lot like an avicularia avicularia (or pink toe tarantula) to me. It's probably dehydrated. Wait for other more experienced people to chime in and tell you what to do with it.

hennibbale

Arachnosquire
Could you give us a picture of the enclosure?

From what I see you put an arboreal species in a terrestrial setup.

Bri4891

Arachnopeon
That doesn't look like a gbb. That looks a lot like an avicularia avicularia (or pink toe tarantula) to me. It's probably dehydrated. Wait for other more experienced people to chime in and tell you what to do with it.
I know what my tarantula is! It's not a pink toe! Just saying I'm not arguing over my tarantula I just want answers!

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I know what my tarantula is! It's not a pink toe! Just saying I'm not arguing over my tarantula I just want answers!
Sadly it's not a GBB, compare the your pic with the pic that another user has posted, it doesn't look like it at all.

It's not doing well because it's in a terrestrial set up, not enough humidity, etc.

Bri4891

Arachnopeon
this is a Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens

Your one even has pink toes.
I don't care about what he or she is I just don't want my tarantula to die so if you don't have anything to say to me on how to keep her alive then just don't comment thanks

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
The species is near irrelevant at this point. She just wants to save her pet. I hope someone with lots of experience chimes in soon.

Bri4891

Arachnopeon
Sadly it's not a GBB, compare the your pic with the pic that another user has posted, it doesn't look like it at all.

It's not doing well because it's in a terrestrial set up, not enough humidity, etc.
My tarantula has been in that tank for almost 6 months and her tank is at 80 degrees.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I don't care about what he or she is I just don't want my tarantula to die so if you don't have anything to say to me on how to keep her alive then just don't comment thanks
Didn't mean to strike a nerve, just wanted to try and help since the two have completely different care requirements, I apologize.

If you can, I'd try to change it to an arboreal set up as soon as possible. But for now I'd add a larger water dish to increase humidity or wet part of the substrate. Hoping someone with more Avic care will chime in.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Your T is in a death curl which may or may not be the result of dehydration. If dehydrated gently turn it over and apply some water to its mouth area with a syringe, and observe if it drinks.

Despite the poor image provided in the first post, the tarantula you have is from the Avicularia genus, commonly called Pink Toe. It is not a Green Bottle Blue, whomever told you doesn't know what those two look like. I own several Avics and own GBBs as well. You are mistaken.

Generally speaking once Avics reach this point as shown in your pic, the odds of them recovering is slim.

Good luck.