tarantula mystery boxes

Chad Peace

Arachnosquire
i just want to know if anyone has ordered one of these and their opinions on it

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I'm with cold blood, order what you want. I doubt you're going to get really any more value than the cost you're paying. Maybe I'm wrong, but my guess is no. If I did it, it would have to be from a seller I have an established relationship with. One if I'm a NW only kind of guy, I don't want and OBT's or Asian T's. Second, maybe there is a slight chance of coming out ahead in the purchase.
That being said, have you done it before? How did it turn out?

Draketeeth

Arachnoknight
My collection is small enough I thought about one of these for fun, but I don't want to end up with an OW, so haven't.

Chad Peace

Arachnosquire
I'm with cold blood, order what you want. I doubt you're going to get really any more value than the cost you're paying. Maybe I'm wrong, but my guess is no. If I did it, it would have to be from a seller I have an established relationship with. One if I'm a NW only kind of guy, I don't want and OBT's or Asian T's. Second, maybe there is a slight chance of coming out ahead in the purchase.
That being said, have you done it before? How did it turn out?
i havent done this before but im ordering from tarantula bristol which is a online tarantula shop and they say you can pick what kind of taratulas you want, e.g "Smaller or bigger in size? Quicker or less active ones?" but not an exact species

Walker253

Arachnobaron
i dont know what i want, i just want to care for more Ts
Update your profile with what you own and then take suggestions. One thing people love here is to tell you what you should buy. From @Chris LXXIX being the poster boy for the P muticus to @viper69 being the poster boy for the E sp red, there is no shortage of opinons.:):):)

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
When did this become a thing? Is this seller for real? Does anyone have any experience with them? This sounds a bit scammish to me. Especially considering they allow you to steer the contents toward your preferences. I learned a long time ago that if it sounds too good to be true that it usually is. I would also keep in mind that if they weren't making some kind of profit on this they wouldn't be selling them so if it's legit, it's probably the very cheapest T's that can be had and probably a lot of packing material as well. For the price though, it might be worth giving it a try just to see.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
When did this become a thing? Is this seller for real? Does anyone have any experience with them? This sounds a bit scammish to me. Especially considering they allow you to steer the contents toward your preferences. I learned a long time ago that if it sounds too good to be true that it usually is. I would also keep in mind that if they weren't making some kind of profit on this they wouldn't be selling them so if it's legit, it's probably the very cheapest T's that can be had and probably a lot of packing material as well. For the price though, it might be worth giving it a try just to see.
Box full of LP's and OBT's...

cold blood

Staff member
i havent done this before but im ordering from tarantula bristol which is a online tarantula shop and they say you can pick what kind of taratulas you want, e.g "Smaller or bigger in size? Quicker or less active ones?" but not an exact species
Have you read their reviews? Im guessing not, im across the ocean and i know they have a terrible reputation....my advice is to keep your search going.

There was just recently a thread detailing why not to order from them.

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I confess I didn't really look very deeply into this. Things like this seldom turn out to be legit so I usually don't bother.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I did the 50 dollar mystery box at Ken's a couple years ago -- mystery box had 4 slings: C fimbri, A diversipes, E murinus & G pulchripes, I think.
I was already placing an order, so decided to take the chance.

Chad Peace

Arachnosquire
not a scam, i dont know if this is just a england thing but most if not all of the online tarantula shops sell these and im ordering from taratula bristol which is a place i have oredered from before. i have watched a few people open these on youtube as well and they seem pretty cool for someone like me who can not make up their mind.

Have you read their reviews? Im guessing not, im across the ocean and i know they have a terrible reputation....my advice is to keep your search going.

There was just recently a thread detailing why not to order from them.
i didnt realise they had a bad reputation, i ordered from here before and the staff were very helpful and the tarantula i bought arrived alive and well.

Last edited:

Chad Peace

Arachnosquire
ill let you all know how it is and what i get when it arrives here

Last edited:

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I did the 50 dollar mystery box at Ken's a couple years ago -- mystery box had 4 slings: C fimbri, A diversipes, E murinus & G pulchripes, I think.
I was already placing an order, so decided to take the chance.
You lucked out, imo. I would have been really happy with the slings in that mystery box! :)