Tarantula Mysterious Deaths

will

Arachnopeon
Good day arachnoboards... My first post hehe. I'm now close to owning my very first tarantula. My choice is a Nhandu Colloratovillosus... Anyway, I am now close to the end of my research. And part of it is this question :

"Are there any instances that a tarantula (still young) just simply... dies?"

You know, the typical "last night" he's / she's just fine then when I wake up the next morning to check him / her, he's / she's already dead...

If the answer to my question is "yes", can you please tell me how to prevent such thing from happening? Thanks.

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It does happen but there will always be a reason. The reason just might be something either the owner doesn't understand, or all of us hobbiest's don't understand.
It could be that the spider was sick, it just wasn't strong enough to make it
(darwinism), or things like that.

JamieC

Arachnopeon

You know, the typical "last night" he's / she's just fine then when I wake up the next morning to check him / her, he's / she's already dead...

If the answer to my question is "yes", can you please tell me how to prevent such thing from happening? Thanks.
It does happen from time to time. There is no real way of preventing it, and sometimes we have no way of finding out why deaths occur. The only thing you can do is to make sure the conditions in your enclosures are always meeting the requirements of the species you keep. Make sure water is always available and watch out for things like mould.

Jamie :)

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good day arachnoboards... My first post hehe. I'm now close to owning my very first tarantula. My choice is a Nhandu Colloratovillosus... Anyway, I am now close to the end of my research. And part of it is this question :

Yes, the reason is sometimes people keep their Ts in a wrong set up ( T Husbandry error) or makes mistake but its part of learning.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
I got 3 C. elegans back in January. They were all kept the same, and one day one of them was just dead. It had been smaller then the other 2, however up until that point, had been eating well. The other 2 are doing wonderfully and are growing well. It does happen sometimes unfortunately.

will

Arachnopeon
I see. I guess it really can't be prevented and avoided if such thing happened. Anyway, at least I'm a bit ready now for such thing. This week I'm gonna have my very first tarantula. I'll do all my best to give it a proper care according to all the research that I made. Wish me luck guys hehe! Thanks. :worship: