**** Tarantula Movie ****

ranglo211

Arachnopeon
I just finished a spider movie called "Kingdom of the Spiders" which was pretty darn cool! A 1977 classic with William Shattner! Amazing how much t's they used/killed in the movie. They used B.Smithi and regular Texas Browns I believe. I recommend this movie if you're looking for t movies, not much out there. If you know any other movies pls let me know. Also, for those who watched this movie already let me know what you think. Cool...

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wouldnt recomment this movie unless your purpose in watching it is to see how badly tarantulas were protrayed in the media.

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
I wouldnt recomment this movie unless your purpose in watching it is to see how badly tarantulas were protrayed in the media.
They are allways badly portrayed in movies...remember the James Bond Flick with a smithi in it being deadly

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They are allways badly portrayed in movies...remember the James Bond Flick with a smithi in it being deadly
Which one was that? I've seen all the Bond films except two, and I can't remember that. It's been a few years since I've seen them though.

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah it is true, I just found it funny how it was recommended if your looking for t movies.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have to admit, me and my boys went on a "Cheesy Spider Movie" renting evening last week!

We rented:

"Snow Spiders" - Ultra dumb!

But you can never go wrong with "8 Legged Freaks!" The one liners in the movie ROCKED!!!! :D

Joe- CAK

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tarantulas are traditionally portrayed in less-than-friendly terms in movies. Doesn't mean that the movies aren't entertaining, though.

Some of my favorites are:
Eight legged freaks (it's great)
Tarantula (1950's giant mutant monster stuff)
Arachnophobia (some good laughs in it)

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you look closely in the beginning of Arachnophobia, when Mr. Manley freaks out over the spiders crawling all over his blanket, they are clearly pinktoes! :)