Tarantula molting wrong side up! HELP

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That picture is scaring me:eek: I'm going to worry all day and it's not even mine:eek:

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You may want to consider moving that thermometer somewhere she doesn't walk on a daily basis.

Glad everything seems to be ok, although I wouldn't say everything is fine until she clears the molt and the wire.
For sure that is what the op needs to do... at first glance i thought she tangled her self with the wire...

VESPidA

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
isn't it bizarre, though, that of all the places in her enclosure (i'm assuming it's sized appropriately), that's where she chooses to molt?{D hopefully all is well!

neokoshya

Arachnopeon
She has a ten gallon all to herself with a water dish and log she burrows in, but for some reason she is fascinated with the thermometer. I've taped it on the sides before because it comes with a suction cup, but she's pulled it off of the wall, even when taped, and buries it. Very odd girl. Thanx for everyone's concern, I was definitely on edge myself, but she's back in her burrow now all freshly molted, and a good four and a half inches now. :)

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd still find another place for the thermometer. You could even keep it outside the tank...it's not critical that you know the temps unless they're low.

nhdjoseywales

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'd still find another place for the thermometer. You could even keep it outside the tank...it's not critical that you know the temps unless they're low.
Seriously, what good could come from having all that wire sitting int the tank?
If the temp diff between just outside the tank and inside the tank is that significant you have bigger problems i would think.

neokoshya

Arachnopeon
I've taken it out now, I live in Humboldt County, CA, I just didn't want her to freeze, especially since I get cold really easy so am not a pefect judge of temperature.

VESPidA

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've taken it out now, I live in Humboldt County, CA, I just didn't want her to freeze, especially since I get cold really easy so am not a pefect judge of temperature.
yeah, i'm always cold too so i worried about that initially. but if the ambient temp is good for you, it's fine for the T, esp at her size.

Lolth62

Arachnosquire
Ty so much just found my T.vagans doing this he closed his hide and is out in the open on substrate, I was worried ty for posting this

cold blood

Staff member
Still relevant for me why is it up there then gets confusing when you tell me to search, but when I do it's wrong so don't post? Please tell me how to learn
Simply start your own new thread.

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
Still relevant for me why is it up there then gets confusing when you tell me to search, but when I do it's wrong so don't post? Please tell me how to learn
I agree with you, that you did the right thing to search the forums for information on your current question. No one should object to that.
I think it was just funny to people that you were thanking members from 10 years ago.

Today people will still tell you that molting upright happens sometimes and usually works out just fine. Searching AB and creating new posts will help you do very well for your spiders 👍

HeartBum

Arachnobaron
I actually came here because even though I’ve had it happen before, I was pretty paranoid and just wanted to self-soothe as my favourite T was moulting upright when I came home from work. G. pulchra. Longest premoult ever and I was convinced that’s it, they’re dying, they’re stuck, I’m gonna have to bury her.

She’s now recovering on her side as has just fully exited the moult :happy: 20C247AE-E7C0-4DCA-AA76-77EFFCBF2EBD.jpeg 02E99187-3F73-4D7D-8384-5E797CCA968C.jpeg