Tarantula Molting Gone Wrong

Lucas

Arachnopeon
aww man im so sorry to here about your loss, i take she got an infection and it worked its way in :(

again, im so sorry for your loss

BunnyBacteria

Arachnopeon
So sorry for your loss...we can only hope to learn from this

I know g.roseas barely web but did you possibly see any abnormal webbing behaviour, also did she make a molt mat before her molt
Thank you.

No she acted normal, nothing was wrong, she was also making web normally like she did always. The Spinner was fine before the molt.

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
id like to say i like this forum, because there are profetional responses to problems and you can learn alot.
but in my opinion most of the replies to this thread were just pointless.
ovbiosly what was needed was an opinion from someone who could help, and people said when those people get to answering they will help, its a shame no one knew what was the problem and how to help, which actually im serprised at, there must have been others with tarantulas who had infections and cysts.
im not saying there is an oblication for people to rush to the aid of sick tarantulas i know this isnt a tarantula hospital but come on.. responses like man that looks bad...
yeah we know that looks bad.. and... anything to add like oh yeah and btw thats a yst and you can treat it like this.

sorry i guess im cranky from one of my tarantulas being sick right now.
and unfortunetly reptile and arachnoid vets are few around here. even if they exist you cant call out of hours.. well around here you cant.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
id like to say i like this forum, because there are profetional responses to problems and you can learn alot.
but in my opinion most of the replies to this thread were just pointless.
ovbiosly what was needed was an opinion from someone who could help, and people said when those people get to answering they will help, its a shame no one knew what was the problem and how to help, which actually im serprised at, there must have been others with tarantulas who had infections and cysts.
im not saying there is an oblication for people to rush to the aid of sick tarantulas i know this isnt a tarantula hospital but come on.. responses like man that looks bad...
yeah we know that looks bad.. and... anything to add like oh yeah and btw thats a yst and you can treat it like this.
It doesnt look good :(

But, In my opinion, if you drop there talc or anything else you might help the infection.

This might stress the T a little,but probably the best bet at this point is transfering the T to a large ICU with the porpouse of "bacteria free" enviroment. Moist paper towel as a substrate,at least will avoid dirt and mites getting into the wound.

I wouldnt get her out of there till you see a dramatic improvement, like the spineret dried off or it fells.

Try to feed her well and provide lots of water, Warm temps, etc.
That will help the regeneration/heal process.

Theres not much else to say. We are not experts on spiders, we do not know what is the ultimate cause of the problem. Even people like Rick C West etc could not give you an answer without propper examination of the specimen....And I doubt it.
What else can we say.

Ingar

Arachnopeon
As entomologist, I found spiders with some alike problems in my field surveys (and not only spiders). That causes ussually by parasites - nematodes, which forming these creepy cysts. Usually they are internal, but sometimes when cuticule is soft - and usually it is imidiatelly after molt, then parasitic cist comes out and causes lethal consequences... Predators as spiders ussually receive nematode eggs from prey (sometimes from substrate - happens reary in my practice). Alot of parasites lives in tettigonids and in other Orthoptera members. So be carefull with feeding your Ts by wild captured grasshopers - and not only because of chemicals, but parasites too.
Generally it is my assumption - cause I can't tell the main reason - I didnt seen this T personally and it sometimes not only difficult to tell from pictures, but in most cases - hard.
PS: I really sorry for your T. Sometimes sh*ts happens when you expect it least..