Tarantula molted...

Sephyiria

Arachnopeon
So I have a female 2 inches B. Emilia..she has been inside of her sealed burrow for almost a month now. Since she made her burrow near the wall of her enclosure, I can pretty much see what happen inside of the burrow. When i checked on her yesterday, i noticed that she made a bed of silk in her burrow, which i assumed that she is going to molt soon. I was right. this morning, i can see her molt on the bed of silk, but i cant really see where she is, only the molt...maybe i am just being paranoid..but..should open a bit of her burrow and take a peek? Also..when she is hungry, she will come out eventually right?

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Don't panic.. Im sure she's in somewhere.. But don't distrub the cage for at least a week now, and then dig her out if you're really paranoid.. The most important thing is that she made it out of her molt okay, so the worst is over :) they can hide very well in their tunnels and are not always that easy to find. I've dug up my G.pulchripes countless times due to my paranoia.. Don't worry, If there is no physical possibility of the T escaping, then she's definitely inside. They just seek seclusion after a stressful and exhausting process of molting. Make sure the humidity is raised a bit, and wait for her to come out :)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
It will be exhausted and probably just hiding away relaxing and stretching. Just make sure you keep the water dish full :)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Opening her burrow to take a peek, yafter she just molted is, no offense, is the worst thing you can do. She'll be weak and soft, so any pressure can result in damaging her.
Keep waterdish full, and wait it out. She'll emerge when she's ready. ;)

Sephyiria

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the replies! I guess i will let her be and keep the water dish full for now. Would it really be ok if i take a peek on her..say..a week after the molt? I am really anxious + curious + paranoid about not seeing her in the burrow. :banghead::hurting:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Thanks for the replies! I guess i will let her be and keep the water dish full for now. Would it really be ok if i take a peek on her..say..a week after the molt? I am really anxious + curious + paranoid about not seeing her in the burrow. :banghead::hurting:
Wait at least a week. You need to exercise being patient, since 'do not disturb'-periods are going to be longer and longer as the T grows. You haven't seen her for a week? Try not seeing your T for four months....:p ;)

Haemus

Arachnosquire
I'd wait until the T comes up on its own, even if its over a week. They have 8 limbs, so they can dig quite efficiently. My G. pulchra tore down its barricade to dump its molt and bury its water dish before setting the barricade back up again. All in one night too :)

sTop

Arachnopeon
And this picture with text belongs in this thread because...?
If you want to share moulted T's, there is a thread called 'who molted today' for that ;)
sorry i didn't see it yesterday but today is the day^^

Sephyiria

Arachnopeon
I was checking on her through the side of the enclosure..I could see her in there, stretching her legs and seemed relaxed. Glad i did not dig her out. Her newly-molted body is really pretty :cat:. Btw guys, she will come out by herself if she wants food, right?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
B.emilia is stunning when just molted :)
Yes, she will come up to eat or drink. You could leave a few droplets of water near the entrance of her burrow for easy drinking.
How big was she before molting, approximately? If she's a sling, you can leave a prekilled feeder at the entrance in a day or three. If it is bigger (juvi/adult), wait a week.

Sephyiria

Arachnopeon
B.emilia is stunning when just molted :)
Yes, she will come up to eat or drink. You could leave a few droplets of water near the entrance of her burrow for easy drinking.
How big was she before molting, approximately? If she's a sling, you can leave a prekilled feeder at the entrance in a day or three. If it is bigger (juvi/adult), wait a week.

She was around 2.5 inches LS before the molt..so I guess she must be a lil bit bigger now. I think by B.Emilia standard, that should be considered as juvie? Btw the entrance to the burrow is completely sealed off, so even if I put a feeder at the entrance, I am not sure if she can detect that. Maybe i will try that a week after the molt..here is the image of the sealed burrow.

Attachments